The Nabla is a software instrument for Microsoft Windows (VST) and Apple macOS (VST/AU) simulating the KORG Delta DL-50 Strings Synthesizer from 1979. Is is written in native C++ code for high performance and low CPU consumption. The main features are:
- Paraphonic Synthesizer and Strings sections.
- Up to 64 voices polyphony.
- Synthesizer section:
- Four band-limited frequency divider-driven signal generators.
- Additional noise generator.
- 4-pole zero-delay feedback bandpass/lowpass filter.
- Strings section:
- Two band-limited frequency divider-driven signal generators.
- 2-band equalizer.
- Ensemble effect.
- Flexible pitch/filter modulation by LFO or noise.
- Tweaks (not to be found in the original Delta):
- "GOD Mode" to provide true polyphony.
- Panning for Synthesizer/Strings sections.
- Built-in phaser and delay effects.
- Double precision audio processing.
- All parameters can be controlled by MIDI controllers.
- Plug-in supports Windows and macOS (32-bit and 64-bit).
Listen to it @ SoundCloud: