|Product||O.D.D. Grand Piano for Kontakt|
|Type / Tags|
O.D.D. is a fresh take on the "same old" piano sounds. Recorded in a top notch studio in Italy, this grand piano is featured in 3 NKI instruments, each made up of 4 microphone sets giving a peculiar and original twist to the grand piano sound, especially fit for cinematic, ambient, romantic, thoughtful atmospheres.
O.D.D. requires the full version of Kontakt 5.5.2 or better and requires around 20 GB of disk space.
- 20.56 GB (lossless compressed) library size, 20496 samples.
- 3 NKI Instrument Files, each representing a different take on the same piano, the result of different odd mic techniques being put to good use.
- 3 sets of 4 microphones.
- Oneiric Piano: AKG C414B-TLII, Wunder Audio CM7 FET, AKG C460-CK1, AKG C451E-CK22.
- Dark Piano: AEA N22, Earthworks SR77, Beyerdynamic M88N (C), AEA N8.
- Dreamy Piano: AKG D190E, AKG C414B-ULS, Crown PZM30D, Sennheiser MD211.
- 11 sustaining dynamic layers, chromatically sampled.
- 8 release trails layers, chromatically sampled.
- independently controllable sustain-pedal resonances.
- key-release noise for added authenticity.
- sustain-pedal down and up noise layers.
- sampled with Millennia, Neve, Heritage Audio, CAPI, SSL and Focusrite preamps through an SSL Duality 48 analog mixing console.
- all of the details of the piano recreated through the use of our custom advanced scripting.
- released at 24-bit / 44.1 kHz.
- easy-to-use mixer for extreme sound-mangling.
Kontakt engine features:
- custom User Interface.
- velocity curve management.
- piano tone control, makes the piano sound softer or harder under your fingers.
- custom touch response control: set at minimum you'll get the full sound of the piano with added latency (good for mixing), at higher levels cuts more and more into the piano pre-attack portion allowing for very low perceived latency when needed (good for tracking and live playing).
- fine-tuned three-band EQ for each channel.
- many under the hood techniques to make the piano true to the original (life-like re-pedaling, release trails attenuation, intelligent attenuation of each single dynamic layer for maximum dynamic response...).
- master realism control and specific control over release trails, key off, resonances and pedal noise levels.
- envelope controls.
- 101 custom, high quality IR reverbs (not the usual IR reverbs you find on other Kontakt libs).
- 22 (+ 22) compressor + tape presets.
- 71 (24 + 25 + 22) factory presets + user-savable presets.
- works as stand-alone, AAX, RTAS, AU and VST for Mac and PC.
- 4 GB RAM (more if in need of loading more sample sets).
- Core2Duo or equivalent Mac or PC.
- Kontakt Retail Version: v. 5.4.3 or newer.
- MIDI Keyboard.