User Reviews by KVR Members for Paraphrasis
There aren't any reviews yet!
6 August 2014 at 12:43pm
Its a pity, not beeing recognized on my Host (Reaper 64-bit). I did the installation of Microsoft Redistributable for Visual C++ 2013 as suggested by the developer.
Hope this will be solved. Because... this is my personal favorite when reading the description without trying the other entries of KVRDC14. Made me very cuious to try.
I keep my fingers crossed that I may try it soon :-) Anyway, gread idea.
11 August 2014 at 12:10pm
Cool, It works! Folks, the prove: check the Tastenclown comment below ;)
6 August 2014 at 6:32pm
Works here. Reaper 64-bit.
I have a question though, when using a 24-bit stereo file, the sound is now mono when imported in Paraphrasis (It's definitely stereo in VLC player).
Is it ment to be that way or something I should know about file\DAW settings or else ?
6 August 2014 at 9:08pm
Hey, good ear! Yeah, you are right the Paraphrasis mixes the input sound if it is stereo into mono, because the current algorithm can not handle stereo. Sorry for being confused I should have mentioned it somewhere. I am going to update the entry description right now.
6 August 2014 at 7:16pm
You need to install the VST3 for this to work, and I had to do so in "Program Files\Common Files\VST3", rather than "Program Files (x86)\Common Files\VST3" as suggested to use it in 32-bit Reaper.
6 August 2014 at 9:19pm
Thanks for suggestion AdamguDalibi! Are you using 64-bit or 32-bit Windows?
11 August 2014 at 11:50am
(Solved) WIth Update 1.02 Reaper 64-bit recognizes the plugin without a problem now. Made no other changes than replacing the dll. Works! Now is the time to play around with it, being very curious.
11 August 2014 at 5:09pm
I really like this. If I might make a suggestion, drag/drop to load a sample would be very nice...
13 August 2014 at 8:06pm
...and looping too. I don't know if it would be feasible with the algorithm but it would be great if Paraphrasis could use the loop points in a file, or even just loop the whole sample.
13 August 2014 at 11:36pm
Another suggestion if I may...When playing the samples with controller when releasing the keys it stops abruptly, very dry. So to compensate for this a reverb or delay is much needed IMO.
A small reverb, delay and with little fades between notes would be a great addition to the plugin I think.
14 August 2014 at 2:33pm
Thanks for suggestion! Do you think ADSR control with looping would solve this problem?
20 August 2014 at 3:41pm
ADSR amp control and looping would be nice.
the looping would be great if you could adjust the start and end points too.
19 August 2014 at 5:31pm
i couldnt get this to work on cubase 5. i installed the C++ stuff but it still doesnt appear in cubase. maybe it will work after a reboot?
i hope i get it working, it sounds very interesting.
20 August 2014 at 2:53pm
Hi, I am using Ableton Live on Mac OS X 10.6.8. which works fine with Au plugins but everytime I drag Paraphrasis onto a MIDI track a dialog box appears saying failed to create the audio unit plugin, this Audio Unit plugin could not be opened.
Anybody having the same issues?
The plugin looks very unique, shame it does not work on my machine.
THIS POST HAS BEEN REMOVED
20 August 2014 at 5:43pm
I am afraid I cant get it working until end of DC on 10.6. I provided a link to one guy with testing version which should work under 10.7... But this probably does not solve your problem :- (.
4 September 2014 at 9:47pm
AU validation in Logic fails with the message: " Reason: image not found"
22 August 2014 at 7:42pm
ADSR implementation would definitely be a good thing ! For workflow sakes its nice to be able to control as much as possible within the plugin itself without having to send to busses or add extra plugin.
5 September 2016 at 7:26am
I think that adding the capability to open .scl Scala files in order to use non-standard microtonal tunings would be a very important and powerful development for this excellent software.
25 February 2019 at 7:40am
Hi Tomicious, .
first, thank you for the plugin! I have encountered Loris few years ago and wished somebody would make it available in a sampler usable in DAW.
Having used it, I would like to chime in with few suggestions that would make it IMO killer sampler:
- volume controlled by velocity, with configurable sensitivity - that would make the sample more playable and expressive.
- option to select velocity range where plugin plays and for notes out of range, there would be silence. That would allow stacking number of Paraphrasis plugins, useful for using different samples for different velocities.
- ADSR envelope - as others already suggested, that would again allow more playability and expressivity.
- sample starting point - waveform would be displayed and sample starting point showed, trimmed sample would then be analyzed by Loris engine, allowing for smoother workflow.
- stereo sample support - as it seems that engine is monophonic, how about running two engines in parallel, each for separate channel?
- PADSynth support - would it be possible to achieve effect described at http://zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net/doc/PADsynth/PADsynth.htm by modifying analyzed partials? It could be configurable - amount of detuning, curve controlling how much each partial is detuned, detuning on top or at bottom. That is not mandatory, however it would be so nice to have! Also, partials exciter would be awesome - specifying number of generated partials, odd, evenand their volume curve.
Some of the ideas are inspired by simple sampler plugin ReaSamplomatic 5000 coming with Reaper https://wiki.cockos.com/wiki/index.php/ReaSamplomatic_5000 I often use it as it does exactly one thing and is easy to configure. Paraphrasis would make even better alternative to it.
Wish you all the best.