Paraphrasis is an open source spectral modelling synthesiser which can model any sound only with one sonic sample. It is something between sampler and modelling synthesiser. You do not have to sample all tones of instrument neither you have to spend time with messing with other synthesisers. Just load a sample to Paraphrasis and enjoy your paraphrased instrument! It is based on modified Loris - an Open Source sound modeling and processing software package - and JUCE.
Only two parameters are needed:
- frequency pitch of a sample.
- frequency resolution of spectral analysis.
Paraphrasis has a 16 voice polyphony and has a "Reverse" option to analyse the sample backward so it is synthesised reversed as well.
Note: Currently only mono sounds can be handled - the stereo input is automatically converted into mono.
- Improved: Synthetise engine highly optimized
- Added: Installer
- Fixed: Crash in MuLab and potentially in other hosts when pressing analyze when processing is running
- Improved: Memory usage optimised
- Fixed: Sound click in FL Studio 11 when notes are tight together
- Fixed: Paraphrasis pay attention to sample rate chages
- Improved: Mac OS compatibility is now 10.7+.