Prosoniq Rayverb is a Realtime Inverse Raytracing Reverberation VST plug-in.
Using a sampled impulse response to re-create an existing acoustic space through convolution is convenient and easy. But what if you wish to alter that room - have a sound source move about the scenery or change your listening position? Like with sampled instruments - once the impulse is sampled, its sound is written in stone - forever.
Prosoniq now has a new and unique technology to change all that: The Prosoniq Rayverb is the world's first reverberation created using inverse raytracing. Raytracing is a technique used in the generation of computer generated imagery (CGI) to create reflective surfaces by tracing the beams of light that are bouncing off the objects in a scene. Inverse raytracing as used in audio processing is the process of estimating the shape, material and topology of a room by examining its impulse response.
- Novel inverse raytracing algorithm models real room from a sampled impulse response.
- Analyzes your sampled impulse responses.
- Seamless change of position of the sound source.
- 12-node linear phase equalizer.
- Predefined room models for easy setup.
- Density adjustment.
- Export impulse response lets you re-use room models in other programs.
- Change room proportions for interesting effects.
- Mix, blend and morph two rooms to create a new model.
- Access to all parameters in real time.
- Import and analyze impulse responses as audio files.