|Developer||Michael Kingston Productions|
|Type / Tags||Distortion / Overdrive / Amp|
|Copy Protection||Serial Number|
RetroBand is a distortion plug-in.
RetroBand models several aspects of the interaction between gain stages and transformers of analogue gear, referred to as intra-modulation (IM), i.e. Class A/B gain stage switching distortion. It also features several forms of transient shaping in-between the stages.
RetroBand is a distortion unit at heart, but this type and concept hasn't been previously available as a digital model. It goes from warming, sharpening, roughing up, softening and smoothing - or all these combined. It may desirably enrich sterile sound sources. Failing equipment can be easily simulated and this allows plenty of creativity. With some luck, it makes things sound "larger than life". The transient enhanced IM with mid-side stereo control can change or revive a stereo image, too.
- Digital model of interaction between gain stages and transformers of analogue gear (IM).
- Three flexible IM models with noise modulation.
- Several forms of transient shaping within the IM models.
- Mid-side stereo image control on all signal paths.
- Advanced noise mode to imprint effects of noise on signal without the hiss and rumble.
- 64-bit internal highly optimised processing.