Reviver is a versatile, high-quality harmonic distortion plug-in. It increases any signal's loudness and brightness, adds punch and fatness, and changes color and character by adding second and third order harmonic overtones. Reviver is alias-free and keeps your audio crisp and clean.
Second order harmonic overtones play an important role in the sonic coloration that tubes add to audio material. Their sound is often perceived as "warm" and "smooth". Reviver gives you the ability to add second order harmonics to your sound in a precise way.
Third order harmonic overtones change the sound in a more aggressive way, often referred to as "punch", "fatness", or "detail". These overtones are also created by tape and overdriven solid state amplifiers. With Reviver you can control the exact amount of third-order harmonics to give your sound that extra "punch".
In serial mode Reviver first adds second order harmonics to the signal before adding third order harmonics. The result is a different harmonic content and stronger saturation.
A general problem of digital distortion plug-ins is that instead of only generating the desired harmonic overtones, they also create so-called aliasing, i.e. overtones which are in disharmony with the original signal. Aliasing is an exclusively digital problem that does not appear in analog signal processing. In contrast, Reviver is completely free of aliasing in audible frequencies.
- Supported sample rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, and 192kHz.
- Internal upsampling up to 768kHz (at 192kHz, Serial Mode).
- Individually designed upsampling and downsampling filters for all supported sample rates. The filters designed for use with 44.1kHz have a pass-band ripple of about ±0.01dB and an attenuation of about 120dB. The filters for higher sample rates feature even better properties.
- Internal 32-bit floating point processing.
- Mono and stereo components.