Ilya Efimov Rock Bass sample library captures the sound of Sadowsky NYC 5 string bass played with a pick (plectrum). The particular instrument used for sampling had strong low-end punch accompanying with great tightness, which is especially suitable for rock music, - hence the library name and some new features added.
Like all our previous bass libraries this one is easy and intuitive to use due to a sophisticated algorithm, which automatically selects strings, changes left-hand position on the fretboard and turns on/off legato in real time. And as before three playing techniques are included in a single patch - pick, slap, palm-mute and additional articulations. Customary Open String mode, Chord Detection mode and X-note mode are also there, as well as Repetition keys and FX noises controls.
However Ilya Efimov Rock Bass introduces some new functions – like Downstroke mode, allowing playing steady bass parts so usual in hard rock music. Also there was added a retrospective round-robin algorithm, which triggers every time a new sample avoiding "machine-gun effect" even if you keep pressing a key at the same velocity. Plus a special keyswitch now provides resetting of the round robin sequence to the initial position.
- 5.9GB ncw compression format.
- 7414 samples, 24-bit, 44.1 kHz.
- Up to 14 velocity layers, 22 frets on each string with round-robin algorithm.
- Pick, Slap and Palm-Mute articulations in one patch.
- Different natural legato for Pick, Slap and Palm-Mute articulations.
- Thumb and Pop slap articulations with Auto and Manual selection.
- Special Downstroke articulation.
- Auto and Manual String and Position Selection.
- Attack control.
- Two variants of Slide-ups, Flageolets and X-notes (with two modes of performance).
- Repetition keys for X-notes and last articulations.
- Realistic glissando note-to-note.
- AMP cabinet and Bass tone effects.
- Multiple FX and Noises (strokes, fret noises, releases).