The SK-1 is a cheap and un-assuming 8-bit synthesizer and keyboard sampler from the mid 80s. It's super gritty and lo fi in almost every regard — from the frequency-squeezing mic input to the uber-funky PCM based sampler.Our primary concerns when sampling the SK were to expand its narrow sonic boundaries, and clean up the tone a little (not too much) along the way. We also captured all of the synth's original presets and drum loops (recorded to tape), applying some further sculpting with various outboard (Overstayer MAS, Reddi, API 550B, and even a hand-tweaked space echo). We multi-sampled the SK's vibrato, sustain and glide, making for some killer portamento synths.
- 18 Multi-Sampled SK-1 Instruments For Ableton, Kontakt, Logic, Reason, Structure & 24-bit WAV.
- 22 Accompaniment-Style Drum Patterns and Fills recorded to tape available as 24-bit WAV, Apple Loops & REX2.
- Fun vocal synths, grainy trumpets, lo fi pads, 8 bit organs, cheap pianos and more.
- Extensive multi-sampling, modulation and FX routing on all instruments.
- Hand trimmed and looped to perfection.
- Clean and processed recordings with a variety of Class A gear.
- 453 MB Unzipped Per Format.