|Type / Tags||FlugelhornBrassClassicJazzKontakt InstrumentOrchestral Instrument|
This SOLO Flugelhorn Kontakt Library will allow you to realistically imitate virtually any melody that a real flugelhorn can play.
It was recorded using two microphones (A – large diaphragm with a cardioid pattern and B – ribbon mic with a figure eight pattern). Read more:
- Legato, Portamento, Glissando Velocity control.
- 3-x round robin sustain non vibrato for each note (4 layers).
- 3-x round robin sustain vibrato for each note (4 layers).
- 3-x round robin staccato (4 layers).
- 3-x round robin marcato short and long (4 layers).
- 2/4 and 4/4 tempo sync swells (120 BPM default, 2 layers).
- Rips chromatic short, medium and long (3 layers).
- Rips glissando short, medium and long (3 layers).
- Trills HT, Trills WT, Flutter, Sliders long and short, Ends and Shake.
- Fast trills between notes in octave range.
- Mutes: Cup, Harmon and Straight.
- Humanize function.
- 2.01 GB on disc, 4 222 samples, 44.1 kHz / 24-bit.
Reviewed By The Translator
March 13, 2017
CMusic Productions have released another winner. This time it is a Solo Flugelhorn Library.
Although not an instrument currently in the forefront of "pop" music, a brief foray into the music of artists such as Chuck Mangione, Art Farmer and Joe Bishop will provide abundant reasons to love this instrument if you don't already. Its ability to produce smokey, silky-smooth tones can make the film/game composer's work of searching for that "right" instrument to create a sensual or laid-back mood for their movie/game scene easy.
CMusic Pro's engineers have captured an ambient sound that is - for lack of better terms - clean and real. I appreciate the developers not overly processing the finished samples (unlike many virtual instrument libraries) thereby allowing you to craft your finished composition with your own plugin effects in whatever way you desire. That being said, they have included six types of convolution reverb with variations of each, that will suitably "embellish" the signal should you so desire.
If you already own any of its predecessors, Solo Flugelhorn Library's straight-forward GUI and functionality will be familiar and as ever, happily user-friendly. The generously-sampled library includes a plethora of essential articulations that will enable even the "creatively-challenged" to construct believable, realistic-sounding flugelhorn compositions.
This is another fine addition for any musician's toolbox. If you are looking to create something with a "smooth vibe" I highly recommend this. As with its CMusic Productions' musical stablemates, it is pretty much without peer in the virtual instrument realm - especially at this price-point. If you don't have this and/or some of its mates (I'm really fond the Solo Alto Sax) - especially in view of CMusic Pro's frequent generous sales promotions, its almost inexcusable.Read more