|Type / Tags||Equalizer Preamp|
SonEQ Pro is a four-band equalizer inspired by various high-end analog equalizers. We've adapted and incorporated the best qualities from these hardware classics into a single cohesive, yet versatile software design. As such, SonEQ Pro aims to serve as a first choice equalizer for mixing engineers of all genres.
Our first plugin, SonEQ (Free), began as a hobbyist's labor of love, but quickly became a powerful "go-to" mix tool for many amateurs and professionals alike. Drawing on expertise in analysis and design gained through creation of our later plugins, Satson and Sweetone, we set out to build a completely new EQ from the ground up. Thus, SonEQ Pro was born.
- Improved modeling. SonEQ Pro sounds remarkably close to the analog equipment it emulates.
- Refined EQ curves. Curves maintain their integrity and purity of form near the Nyquist, resulting in more analog-like sound and behavior.
- Four bands + HP/LP filters.
- Low-Band Bell Filter Switch. Transforms SonEQ Pro's low-band into a bell filter upon engagement.
- High-Cut Control. Combines a low-pass 6dB/oct. with a shelf filter for soft and smooth sounding cuts.
- High Band, SonEQ Pro's high boost is very soft and silky, great for imparting a natural sense of "air" to an individual instrument or entire mix.
- Mid Band, this band has a musical sound but it can be very aggressive if required.
- High-Mid Band, sounds very musical and natural, due to its large bandwidth and smoothly shaped bell.
- High-pass, while the slope is highly effective for cutting, it's the carefully sculpted attenuation near the slope that makes this filter especially soft and sweet.
- Low-pass: The low-pass filter is a smooth 12 dB/oct, which combines two 6 dB/oct filters in cascade.
- SonEQ Pro's pre-amp section is designed to impartsubtle warmth without overt coloration of your mix.
- Zero latency, no group delay, and careful optimization for low CPU consumption.
- Internal 64-bit floating point double precision.
Audio Unit, VST 2.4, VST 3, AAX, RTAS. All platforms support both 32 and 64-bit operation.
Supported Operating systems:
- Mac OS X 10.6 or newer.
- Windows XP or newer.
- Sample Rate Support: up to 192 kHz.
- Channels: Mono and Stereo.