SP 1200 From Mars: Factory Drums And Synths is a sample pack from the warm and gritty SP-1200 sampler. Developed in 1987, this sampler is famous in a variety of genres, including hip hop, classic house and French house, with users including RZA / Wu-Tang Clan, Outkast, Mobb Deep, and Daft Punk. Its sound results from processing samples at 26.05 kHz resulting in digital aliasing, and then pushing them through an analog filter, with subtle distortion all along the signal path.
The Factory Drums and Synths bundle contains two sample packs.
- 400 Original SP-1200 "Standard Traps" Drums with 16 pitches of each drum hit recorded to tape. 24-bit WAV.
- Boogie / Linn / DX style pseudo-acoustic 80s drum kit.
- Fully mapped Ableton Live 9.5 Drum Rack with 25 pads of drums, each containing 16 SP-1200 pitches per pad.
- 12 fully mapped Kontakt 3.5+ (Does not work on Kontakt Player) and Logic Instruments.
- 24-bit WAV includes "loud" and "quiet" versions, individual hits, and 2 cherry-picked 16 sound kits.
- 166 MB unzipped.
Custom Synths ($29) :
- 11 custom synth instruments built from sampling a Juno 60, Polysix and DX100 into the SP-1200.
- Fully mapped for Ableton Live 9.5, Kontakt 3.5+ (does not work on Kontakt Player) and Logic.
- 24-bit WAVs labeled with note name.
- 708 MB unzipped.