|Type / Tags||DelayCreative DelayDub DelayFuturistic DelaySpring Reverb|
Mac OS X 10.9+
Spaceship Delay is a delay audio effect featuring classic modern and vintage sounding delays, with the following features:
- Three delay modes: single, ping pong and dual / stereo.
- Standard delay effects controls such as the delay time in ms and in time subdivisions, the feedback (up to 110 % !), a tap tempo button etc.
- A modulation section acting on the delay times and the filter cutoff frequencies.
- An attack control allowing the user to feed the delay line only when the input volume is higher than a given threshold.
- A spring reverb modeled from a famous tape machine (not that one, another one).
- An advanced filtering section including standard lowpass and highpass filters, shelf filters, and the simulation of two famous synthesizer filters (not these ones either, other ones).
- A specific "modeling" section giving access to different kind of delay line and saturation colourations, featuring a bitcrusher and a tube preamp simulation.
- A "Freeze" switch which can be used for some creative effect or to transform the effect into a looper with high delay values.
- Post effects such as extra filters, a tremolo and a vintage phaser
It can be used as a typical delay for mixing vocals, adding some depth to drums, guitars, synth sounds, but also as a more creative effect, thanks to the attack control, even as a looper thanks to the freeze switch and the very long maximum delay sizes.
Spaceship Delay includes finally a few presets and an embedded tutorial feature, available from the about tab (by clicking on the logo in the user interface) where you can learn how to use properly the plug-in, with live tutorials, and how to do some classic delay tricks like doubling vocals, slapback rockabilly guitars, ambient sounds etc.
Spaceship Delay is free and available on VST, AU and AAX formats (32/64-bits, Windows & Mac OS X).
Reviewed By Tristan Young
December 30, 2016
I love Spaceship Delay. I've always used the default delay plugins in Reaper DAW, and have tried a few other delays, and I was never quite happy with them. In Reaper's ReaDelay, setting up a ping-pong delay was annoying. In other delays, there were no settings to set up a ping-pong (granted, I didn't try all delay plugins). In Spaceship Delay, it was as simple as clicking on the drop-down and selecting Ping-Pong. Might not seem like much, but to me, power with simplicity is important.
Spaceship Delay is also great-sounding. I can tell I'm going to be using Spaceship Delay a lot.
Thank you for producing a great plugin, and releasing it for free.
Reviewed By spankysimi
December 22, 2016
Very cool and simple but not simplistic Delay. Did what i wanted out of the box and when i was done with the project the Real Fun began! Just install it and use it. You won't regret it.Read more
Reviewed By Will Zégal
December 20, 2016
Spaceship delay is an original delay bringing us uncommon functions. It allows to reach sound territories that would have needed complex operations and patching of different effects.
Imho, it just lack the ability to affect different modulations to different parameters. I hope this will come with a future upgrade.
This plug-in is very reliable (tested in NI Maschine 64-bits on Windows 8.1 64-bits)Read more