€209.99 / $259.99
|Type / Tags||Dynamics (Compressor / Limiter)|
|Copy Protection||Key File|
Due to its flexibility, the SV-315 compressor is suitable both for tracking and mastering environments, and imparts character and warmth on programme material through its essentially analogue design. So whether you want to gently smooth a vocal, totally crush some drums, or compress an entire mix, this processor will do it with superior polish.
- Independent compressor and limiter models.
- Sonalksis 'State-space' physical model design for true analogue response.
- Multiple switchable circuit model parameters provide flexible character.
- Zero latency throughput [just like a true analogue compressor].
- Anti-Breathe mechanism [prevents sharp 'clicky' attack after a pause].
- 64bit floating point precision internal processing throughout.
- Up to 192 kHz support.
- Ultra efficient processing, with specific optimisations for native processors.
- Glitchless switch transitions [e.g. limiter in/out, bypass on/off].
- Graphical display indicators provide detailed feedback on response settings.
- Support for most formats on Mac & PC platforms.
Reviewed By trmupstage
March 4, 2006
Hard to believe there are no reviews of this. How is that possible? IMO, this is THE vst compressor to have. I know it's very expensive, but I found that it was worth it. This is a very musical compressor. it's clean yet adds a smoothness to the source. It's not the compressor for getting a huge pumping effect from. But, I have never found a better VST compressor for vocals and acoustic instruments. If you have, name it, because I'll buy it.
Some of the controls on this are a little subtle. Like, the mode switch. I don't hear it do much. But, the over-all sound is fantastic. They has some feature in it that prevents the initial "pop" that you get from a digital compressor when you're coming out of silence with heavy compression. This is a great thing to have when working with vocals.
This was the most expensive plugin I ever bought. It's on every project that has left my studio in the last three years. It's money well spent.
A note about my ratings. Presets: I don't use them and there are only a handful, so I rate them as average. Support: I would give them higher, but they have not released any upgrades on this. Maybe it doesn't need any? I just get the feeling that "it is what it is" and I'll never see any new features. Which brings up the last point; Value: It's got a lot of value, but maybe not a 10 out of 10 value. I wouldn't want to work without it, but I would also have liked to pay much less for it. It's definately one of the most expensive compressors you can by as a VST. But still worth the cost.Read more