The last sign of life was the following email from 2015:
Dear Synful Friends, .
At last there is a new BETA version of Synful Orchestra 2.6, and a new BETA website https://www.synfulauth.com. If you are an existing customer you can update for free at the new website. This version supports full 64-bit native processing on Mac and Windows. It also has a new user interface and a new software activation system. It supports:
VST (32 and 64-bit Mac and Windows -- Cubase, DP, Sibelius, Sonar, FL, MAX/MSP, Live, etc).
AU (32 and 64-bit Mac only -- Logic, DP, Sibelius, etc.).
AAX (64-bit only Mac and Windows for Protools 11 and above).
RTAS (32-bit only for Mac and Windows for Protools 10 and below).
The new SynfulOrchestra 2.6 runs on:
Mac OS X 10.7.x or later.
Windows 7, WIndows 8, or later (32 or 64-bit).
You must go to the new website https://www.synfulauth.com to download the BETA 2.6 version of Synful Orchestra. After the beta period (about five weeks) this website will become the new synful.com.
I hope you can find the time and courage to try out this BETA version.
Things you need to know:
1) When you install the BETA version it will remove the previous version of Synful Orchestra (generally 2.5.5 for Mac or 2.5.2 for Windows). So, you might want to download the installer for these older versions from the old website www.synful.com in case you need to reinstall it.
2) The new website is a bit slow now. That will change over the next month. It is also still under construction with lots of tutorial content etc. that needs to be uploaded.
3) If you are an existing Synful customer, you will need to obtain a new activation code to activate 2.6.x on your machine. It's free. There are instructions for how to do this on the new website. There is a 15 day demo period.
4) I really want to get your reactions to the new version. In particular I want to see how the new software activation system works. So do try to activate the software.
5) The new website does accept credit card purchases.
Please email me at email@example.com with any problems, questions, suggestions, etc.
Well, not exactly, ... the synful guy has developed a kind of concatenative synthesis in where the accuracy of phrases and melodic articulations has been focused rather than a physical modeling approach, as the audiomodeling team does...