SynthTronica is a Programmable Polyphonic Spectral Synthesizer for the iPad. Its design is balanced to be readily accessible to users with little musical experience while remaining a powerful sound design tool for experienced electronic musicians.
SynthTronica has a unique multi-touch filter which provides considerable expressive control over sound in performance, and gives a user the ability to sculpt new sounds with their fingertips. Multiple keyboard designs are available, each with dynamic patterns allowing performers to easily explore dozens of different musical scales.
SynthTronica also features: 92 sound presets, performance recording, sound editing, and comprehensive contextual help.
92 Artisan Sound Presets:
- Virtual analog sounds.
- Vocal sounds including vocoder effects.
- Unique looped grooves providing a full ensemble sound.
Create Your Own Presets:
- Share them using preset importing and exporting.
Dynamic Multi-touch Filter:
- Control up to 11 independent filters by intuitive touch.
- Unique live expressive control.
Formant Synthesizer Architecture:
- Filters use complex time-varying spectral formants.
- Organize, edit and view formants in spectral form.
Create New Formants In Several Ways:
- By importing audio files (mp3, m4a, AIFF, WAV, et al).
- Using the iPad's microphone.
- Through SynthTronica's unique Dynamic Multi-touch Filter.
- Two piano-style layouts and a unique grid keyboard.
Record And Mix Your Performances:
- Simultaneous recording and playback of mixes.
- Overdub recording (Bouncing).
Share Your Mixes:
- Audio copy/paste between compatible iOS apps.
- Export SynthTronica recordings as 24-bit or 16-bit AIFF or WAV audio files.
Explore Musical Scales:
- Display scale patterns on keyboards.
- Over 70 scale choices.
Powerful Interactive Synth Controls:
- Virtual analog synth front-end.
- Nearly all interface elements have documentation by touch.