De-essers can be an evil necessity. Vocal recordings may be too sibilant requiring de-essing (or excess sibilance removal), but most de-essers come with very clearly audible drawbacks as well. After de-essing, vocals may sound muffled, the 's' may sound more like an 'f', or even worse, the operation of a de-esser manifests itself as a clearly-audible time-varying filter. TB Sibalance provides very powerful tools to reduce excess sibilance in a minimally invasive way. In contrast to conventional de-essers, TB Sibalance uses so-called 'matched filter' technology to only process those frequencies that are causing excess sibilance, while leaving all other frequency components untouched. The result of TB Sibalance will therefore often sound cleaner and more transparent than that obtained with other de-essers.
- Sibilance input/output function just like compressors;
- Variable threshold, ratio, knee, dry/wet, and range parameters for ultimate control over the sibilance processing.
- Adjustable analysis time, attack and release times.
- Adjustable de-essing frequency range, including ability to change filter slopes.
- Unique 'algorithm fusion' option to seamlessly morph the behavior between broad-band, single-band, and matched-filter de-essing methods.
- Integrated side-chain equalizer.
- Absolute threshold level to determine at which signal levels the de-esser should become active.
- Ability to control the sensitivity to tonal/harmonic vs noise-like signals.
- Mid/side control.