|Product||TB Sibalance v3|
|Type / Tags||De-esserDynamicsMid-Side De-esser|
|Copy Protection||Key File|
De-essers can be an evil necessity. Vocal recordings may be too sibilant requiring de-essing (or excess sibilance removal), but most de-essers come with very clearly audible drawbacks as well. After de-essing, vocals may sound muffled, the 's' may sound more like an 'f', or even worse, the operation of a de-esser manifests itself as a clearly-audible time-varying filter. TB Sibalance provides very powerful tools to reduce excess sibilance in a minimally invasive way. In contrast to conventional de-essers, TB Sibalance uses so-called 'matched filter' technology to only process those frequencies that are causing excess sibilance, while leaving all other frequency components untouched. The result of TB Sibalance will therefore often sound cleaner and more transparent than that obtained with other de-essers.
- Sibilance input/output function just like compressors;
- Variable threshold, ratio, knee, dry/wet, and range parameters for ultimate control over the sibilance processing.
- Adjustable analysis time, attack and release times.
- Adjustable de-essing frequency range, including ability to change filter slopes.
- Unique 'algorithm fusion' option to seamlessly morph the behavior between broad-band, single-band, and matched-filter de-essing methods.
- Integrated side-chain equalizer.
- Absolute threshold level to determine at which signal levels the de-esser should become active.
- Ability to control the sensitivity to tonal/harmonic vs noise-like signals.
- Mid/side control.
Reviewed By nicksohn
April 17, 2015
In fact, It is hard to understand what this is capable of, or what concept it has...
But, once you understand its Features, It can't be beaten.
I demoed and digged almost every de-essers out there, and it turns out that TB Sibalance is true winner, literally. (IMO)
There was no hesitate for buying this one.
It is basically Dynamic eq with some options, But with Matched filter, Tonal decomposition, Level independent threshold (also, ABS Threshold is available, they work together simultaneously), and so on.. It becomes the most powerful de-esser out there, IMO.
You know, Every singer have different sibilance profile. but if you can handle this plugin, you can get a very transparent result for every singer with this one.
My only complaint is phase option. If there is 'linear phase/ minimum phase' option, It would be even better.
[Edit: Another complaint is working frequency range. I hope next update has extended frequency range].Read more