|Type / Tags||Dynamic RangeDR Dynamic RangeMeterMetering|
Windows XP and later
Mac OS X 10.7 and later
Track Coherence is a dynamic meter that helps you reach the right dynamic range in each of the track of your mix.
The dynamic range is one of the most important aspects of music, and if you make it right for each track you can get a more impactful mix.
Dynamic range is also called crest factor, in this plugin we call it "coherence" but it's actually the difference between the maximum digital sample peak and the RMS level of the track, the closer the two are the more compressed the music is.
Often a recorded music track has fast and short peaks (called transients) that are almost inaudible to the human ear but they are present and may sum to other peaks creating problems in mastering and also in mixing.
With Track Coherence you can see if you have too much distance from the average level (RMS) of the track and its peaks, and if it's too much, you can act accordingly to fix it, with a clipper, a limiter or a fast compressor.
- True peak meters.
- Real time dynamic range display.
- Maximum peak and RMS value display.
- Maximum and average dynamic range display.
- Reference range adjustable from 4 to 21 dB.
- Reset button to clear out history and start over.
- Mac OS X (>=10.7) and Windows support.
- 64-bit compatibility both on Mac and Windows.
- Audio Units VST2.4, VST3 and AAX format.