Twangström is a highly flexible spring-reverb box-of-tricks, and one of a kind. It's central element, the reverberation tank, is fully based on 'physical modelling'. As opposed to plug-ins using impulse responses (IRs) with their limited expression and manipulation options, the modelling technology in Twangström mimics the actual physics of mechanical reverberation. Thus it is not reproducing sonic results, it is actually simulating their origin, with all the facets, oddities and subtleties. Twangström recreates typical 60s Twang & Surf with ease, and with 100% authenticity.
All sound parameters are controllable in realtime, on a per-sample-basis. This means control over the sought-after aesthetics of spring reverberation, and total freedom when going further from there.
Features / specs:
- 3 different reverberation tanks, inspired by the most popular ones built in the guitar & instrument amps that made rock 'n roll.
- A tasty drive & tone stage for heating-up and colouring the sound.
- A multi-mode filter, with variable type blend (LP, BP/Notch, HP, anything in between), stereo offset, pre- or post-tank routing.
- Four-flavours envelope stage, picking up the signal from either input, output or external sidechain.
- LFO module, 8 different types & waveforms, variable time base & syncable.
- Comprehensive modulation matrix, for realtime control of all the parameters.
- And most important: shakeable springs.