The Vanilla Compressor is a general-purpose, stereo compressor plugin, with optional sidechain input. It can be used on individual instruments, across aux busses, or even as a mastering effect. Its fine-tuned, "smooth as buttah" sidechain and specialized release shapes make it equally at home with vocals, drums, guitars and full mixes. Use it sparingly for subtle, transparent "tightening"; or drive it hard and fast for deep, "balls-to-the-walls" pumping.
The Vanilla Compressor is currently in the alpha stage, and is free to download and evaluate. After development is completed, the final release will be available for purchase for US$50.
- Threshold: -40dB to 0dB in 0.1dB increments.
- Ratio: 1:1 (no compression) to 20:1 (limiting).
- Soft-knee: 0dB (linear/"hard knee") to 12dB (nonlinear/"soft knee") in 0.5dB steps.
- Max Make-up: Maximizes the output gain to 0dB, such that it is proportional to the threshold and ratio parameters.
- Compressor Output: -40dB to +40dB in 0.1dB increments.
- Release Shape: Smooth, Pump, ARC-1 & ARC-2 (Auto Release Control).
- Key Input (for sidechain).
- Detection: Peak and RMS.
- SideChain Filter: Let the compressor react to certain frequencies, while ignoring others. Off, Low, High and Band settings.
- Frequency: Cutoff frequency for the sidechain filter (60Hz to 6kHz).
- Listen: Listen to the sidechain (control) signal at the output of the filter, before it is rectified/averaged.
- Mix: Wet/Dry mix.
- Output: -40dB to +40dB in 0.1dB increments.
The Vanilla Compressor uses RMS power summing for stereo linking, to maintain an accurate image of stereo signals.