Overall: 6267 230
30-Day: 4783; 7-Day: 7095; Yesterday: 2527
We all love the original Disco era, influenced by many and sampled 1000's of times. So what is it about the Disco sound that makes it so enticing ? For us at Drumdrops it would have to mean a fat low end from the kick but with a little hi end bite to cut through the four to the floor groove, a warm and rich snare to keep that beat focused that of course tonally mixes with a clap perfectly. Sweet yet fast sounding 15 inch hi hats for a classy open hi hat sound. All Toms low and dead ready for the supersonic fills and breakdowns neccesary to hype the dance floor into a frenzy.
Remo ebony ambassador and evans hydraulic heads for the ultiimate disco sound. Sister Sledge at your disposal. Gaffer taped, damped with dustcloths, tuned low and dead the disco sound is finally back. Recorded with a late 70s sound in mind in a nice tight recording room.
Bonus cowbells, cabassa and tambourine and electronic analogue clap trap included for your breakdown pleasure.
The 70s Rogers Big R Kit was tuned for the perfect disco sound. It comprises a 24" x 14" Bass Drum, a Sonor Sonorlite 14" x 6.5" and Sonor Maple 14" x 7" Snare Drum, a huge 18" x 16" Floor Tom, and two Rack Toms, a 14" x 10" and a 13" x 8". The cymbals used were 15" HHX X-Celerator Hi-Hats, a 17" Zildjian K Dark, an 18" Sabian HH extra thin Crash and a 20" Sabian Artisan Ride. The Kit was recorded at the Ironworks studio in Brighton, UK by Mike Pelanconi. Mike recorded our classic Disco Drops drum track album and set this kit up in a similar fashion.
The Kontakt 5 pack contains the second generation Drumdrops Kontakt Instrument which has been rebuilt completely from the ground up by our developers Divergent Audio. The new instrument comes with a completely new GUI and has many new features. Special focus has gone on the compatibility with E-Kits so e-kit owners can completely customise their kit to work perfectly with the instrument using our new MIDI CC data page. The new instrument includes many new features such as:-
* a brand new instrument completely rebuilt
* New mixer design with routing to DAW, 4 Aux Sends (2 reverbs and 2 delays)
* New Channel Effects - EQ, Compressor, Shape, Tape Control
* Mic Mix section allowing you to mix all 5 mics of the kit (where applicable)
* Drum Voice - edit the attack, hold, decay and tuning on each drum
* Humanize - Randomly change the volume, velocity, tuning & timing of hits.
* New Master Effects Compressor, Limiter, EQ and Crush section
* Stereo width control and L/R swap
* Improved MIDI groove player now with 2496 loops (194 Disco loops)
* New MIDI Map section for easily building and saving your own Maps
* MIDI CC Editing Page - Edit the parameters controlling the snare, hi-hat and cymbals
* The best E-Drumkit compatibility
* 145 Snapshot mix presets included, mixed by different engineers
* 12731 samples recorded in 24 velocity step and 5 round robins
* Switch easily between the two Sonor snares.
* Clap trap, cowbell, cabassa and tambourine included.