LSR audio VLB902 faithfully emulates the classic 902 de-esser, introduced in the early 80's and used on the vocals of countless hits. It is still present and used in most recording studios today.
This de-esser is known to sound very natural, and is easy to use because it doesn't require any threshold calibration. The detection works independently to the programme level.
Two listen modes were added to the original design :
- Detector - listen the filtered detector input.
- DS - listen to what was removed by the de-esser.
Main features :
- Wide band / high frequency only gain reduction.
- Adjustable detector filter frequency.
- Range - amount of "ess" reduction.
- Gain reduction meter.
- Retina displays compatible.
VLB902 is available on the LSR audio online store.
A free demo version is available.