28th February 2007
Cakewalk has announced that the new versions of SONAR Home Studio and SONAR Home Studio XL are now shipping Worldwide.
At their core, SONAR Home Studio 6 and SONAR Home Studio 6 XL feature the power of Cakewalk's flagship SONAR 6 paired with a feature set, price, and ease-of-use geared towards home studio owners and budget-conscious musicians (i.e. they are cut down).
Rather than reproducing it all here you can read the original announcement for the what's new info.
US Pricing and Availability
- SONAR Home Studio 6 has an MSRP of $139
- SONAR Home Studio 6 XL has an MSRP of $209
- Available at select music and sound retailers, as well as select consumer electronics and computer retailers.
- Registered SONAR Home Studio 4 customers can upgrade to SONAR Home Studio 6 directly through Cakewalk for $59. Other upgrade paths are available.
Pricing and Availability Outside the US
- SONAR Home Studio 6 and SONAR Home Studio 6 XL ship with English, French, and German printed documentation, and Italian and Spanish electronic Quick Start guides; along with English, French, German, and Spanish software.
- SONAR Home Studio 6 is available through Roland and Edirol distribution partners.
- In Europe:
- SONAR Home Studio 6 has an MSRP of €105/£71 inc. VAT.
- SONAR Home Studio 6 XL has an MSRP of €158/£107 inc. VAT.
- Available in select retailers around the world March 12, 2007. Upgrades will be available to registered SONAR Home Studio customers and other Cakewalk customers in Europe direct from Cakewalk.com or in the retail channel starting at €37/£25.