14th October 2013
Agitated State has released version 220.127.116.11 of MenuMagic, the plug-in management tool specially designed to work with Cakewalk's Sonar DAW that enables the user to organize their audio plug-ins (VST, VSTi, DX, DXi, 32-bit, 64-bit).
This update of the MenMagic v2 beta contains significant new features and bug fixes. It is a recommended update for all v2 beta users that includes:
Support for Sonar X3 and for VST3 plug-ins
All areas of MenuMagic have been updated to support Sonar X3 and managing your VST3 plug-ins.
Rather that drown you with details on all the changes, here are some of Agitated State's favorites:
- MenuMagic can organize your VST3 plug-ins based on your previous VST2 settings.
Your VST3s will take on the same menu organization and renaming schemes that you are already using with your VST2s.
- Status tabs displays now displays statistics on new, modified, deleted or excluded VST3 plug-ins.
- Updated Plug-in Filter shows or hides plug-ins based type (DX, DXi, VST, VSTi, VST3, VST3i).
- Improved Quick Info (in the Name Fixes and Categorizations tabs/sub-tabs) instantly shows all the plug-in details.
- Place your uncategorized plug-ins into different menu folders based on type.
(great for when you haven't decided yet on how you want to organize certain plug-ins)
- See all the details on all of your plug-ins in the enhances Plug-in Information Grid!
You can hide, resize or re-arraign columns, do multi-column sorts and even print out an HTML page as a reference!
- Settings/ Options - CW VST Scanner settings: Updated to include management of new Sonar X3 features.
- Menu Creation: and of course you can create and save menus to X3 (or any of the supported Sonar versions) and assign that menu to any of the 12 areas in Sonar that show plug-in menus (or lists such as Sonar's Plug-in Browser).
Enhanced Support for Waves Plug-ins:
- Eliminated problem that occurred on some systems with "(0)" appearing as part of the plug-ins name.
Improved Plug-in Setting "Memory":
- When you uninstall a plug-in and later re-install or install a new version MenuMagic will recall** and reload your previous settings.
** within reason - MenuMagic uses a variety of techniques to match your plug-ins but it's mind-reading technology is still not out of beta.
Various bug fixes & tweaks:
- Save Menu Layouts
Fixed problem when saving layout to "All Sonar Layouts" - now you can save your menu layout to all of your installed Sonar versions (from 6 to X3) at once.
- Plug-in Info Grid.
- Fixed bug where when loading/changing grid layouts that MenuMagic could lock up forcing you to terminate application to close it.
- When Resetting the Grid and choosing the ALL option – search indexes are now reset as well to the default setting (on Menu Name).
- When in search mode hitting F3 will search for next match.
When Help is in external mode and in search mode hitting F3 will search for next match.
- Various tweaks to fix minor appearance issues, improve performance, etc.
Price: $69.99. An Early Adopter discount price of $21.99 is currently in effect. The price will increase with the next major beta release. Buy MenuMagic now to receive the latest version of MenuMagic, get access to beta versions and receive a free upgrade to version 2 when it is released.