Cakewalk has announced the availability of the SONAR 5.0.1 maintenance release for both 32-bit and native x64 versions of SONAR 5 Producer Edition and SONAR 5 Studio Edition.
- Import and export of 64-bit audio files.
- New "Mute Previous Takes" option for use while punch recording.
- Enhancements to meter and track peak display: double-clicking meter or numeric peak displays now also clears the corresponding meter peak markers on that track/bus; in addition a Key Binding command has been added to reset meters and numeric peak displays.
- Additional visual feedback in Track view represented by a focus rectangle that indicates which pane will receive keyboard input.
- New keyboard short cut (Ctrl+Shift+B) to maximize/restore Tabs pane in Bus view.
- In addition the update addresses several issues reported by customers after SONAR's initial release.