Klanghelm has announced the releases of VUMT, a classic VU meter with trim function for 32- and 64-bit Mac OS X and Windows in VST and AU plug-in formats. It costs €5.
- Painstakingly modeled behaviour and recreation of the general ballistics of classic VU meters.
- 300 ms attack and release times to meet common specs of a standard VU meter.
- Gain staging made easy. Trim your channel volume +/- 20 dB.
- VU reference level switchable:
- 0 dBVU = -20 dBFS.
- 0 dBVU = -18 dBFS.
- 0 dBVU = -14 dBFS.
- Clip-LED to inform you when the level exceeds -0.2 dBFS to avoid digital overs.
- Comes with four skins to be pleasant to look at for (almost) everybody.
Two mutations included:
- VUMT SOLO: Single VU meter. Switchable additional needle to watch left and right channel level in one single display.
- VUMT DUO: Two VU meter displays to show either left/right of mid/side level information. If switched to MS operation the volume trim knobs control the volume of the mid channel and side channel.
Additional standalone apps (VUMT SOLO & DUO) are included (Mac& Win, 32 & 64 Bit).