28th February 2012
Variety Of Sound has unveiled ThrillseekerLA, a new VST effect plug-in for Windows described as a digital stereo leveling amplifier with truly analog qualities.
ThrillseekerLA will be released in Q1/2012 under a freeware license.
At a glance:
- Sophisticated and deep gain riding full of musical character and attitude but with virtually no inter-modulation (IM) distortion artifacts
- Feedback compression design w/o any samplerate based delay in the loop.
- Classic input level driven two knob design with additional manual attack and release time interventions.
- Highly program dependent envelope timing adoption offering attack times ranging from "instantaneously" up to around 100ms and release times from 30ms up to several seconds.
- Mix level switch to adopt the plug-ins internal gain staging to mixing levels at around -18dBFS.
- Custom SC filter option to attenuate the SC bass response while slightly boosting the HF spectrum.
- Additional one pole (6dB per octave) SC low-cut filter adjustable from 20 to 500Hz.
- External sidechain support.
- Switchable Input/GR/Output metering display.
- Variable compression range control from 0 to 100%.
ThrillseekerLA not only introduces way smooth gain riding capabilities but first and foremost features a non-linear amplifier stage which is based on a non-linearity with memory yielding creamy signal coloration duties:
- Custom algorithms based on a true stateful non-linear saturation model.
- Compression and load dependent 2nd order harmonic distortion generation.
- Controllable odd order total harmonic distortion generation.
- Six individual preset distortion profiles offering different tonal qualities like warmth and top-end sheen or simply improved depth perception.
- Authentic audio transformer simulation including typical LF distortions as well as frequency and load dependent analog circuit effects.
- Requires Win32 compatible system with SSE2 (or higher) instruction set support.
- Tested and known to work in many VST compatible hosts.
- Advanced DSP processing.
- Assembler optimized audio engine.
22 May 2013 Variety Of Sound updates Rescue MK2 to v2.1
11 May 2012 Variety Of Sound releases NastyDLA mkII
12 Apr 2012 Variety Of Sound updates BaxterEQ to v1.0.1
28 Feb 2011 Variety Of Sound updates NastyDLA to v1.0.1
03 Nov 2010 Variety Of Sound releases NastyDLA - Chorus Echo
17 Aug 2010 Variety Of Sound updates BootEQ to v2.1
07 Apr 2010 Variety Of Sound updates FerricTDS to v1.5.0
22 Jan 2010 Variety Of Sound updates epicVerb to v1.5
13 Oct 2009 Variety Of Sound updates Density mkII to v2.0.1