Waves and Abbey Road Studios have released the J37 tape saturation plug-in, a precision model of the very machine used to record many of the greatest masterpieces in modern music. It costs $249 but is on sale for the introductory price of $149.
With a variety of user-adjustable controls including Tape Speed, Bias, Noise, Saturation, Wow and Flutter, the Waves: Abbey Road J37 faithfully recreates the sonic signature of the original machine. In addition to the J37 itself, three exclusive oxide tape formulas have been modeled. Specially developed by EMI during the '60s and '70s, each formula has its own unique frequency response and harmonic distortion behavior. In order to push the envelope even further, a comprehensive Tape Delay unit has been added to complement those warm tones.
- Tape saturation plugin.
- Created in association with Abbey Road Studios.
- Modeled on the machine used to create countless classic '60s tracks.
- Includes models of three exclusive tape formulas developed by EMI.
- Adds analog warmth to digital recordings.
- Controls for Bias, Wow, Flutter, Tape Speed and more.
- Comprehensive Tape Delay including three different delay types, Sync, LP and HP filter controls and more.
New in Waves V9r14:
- The new J37 Tape available separately.
- The new Dave Aude EMP Toolbox.
- GTR Tuner is added to 'All MRSG compatible plugins'.
- UltraPitch: added 96kHz Native support.
- Waves Tune & Waves Tune LT: fixed crashes on Nuendo 6 and Cubase 7 when using "Copy Notes".
- SoundShifter Pitch: pitch value settings fixed.
- GTR & GTR Solo: MIDI functionality issues fixed.
- GTR & GTR Solo: crash on A->B fixed.
- GTR Solo: Amp meter now functions properly.