Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

I would think $20 - $25 for some preset management - would be a lot easier to sell.

Just MHO...
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

$25 for a preset browser? Possibly, but honestly my host can do that too. $49? Maybe if it had a new GUI in addition to a browser, layers/splits, maybe some effects (chorus, delay, reverb), MIDI learn, stuff like that. Sort of like a Pro version. Outside of something major like that, I'm not sure I'd realistically part with cash for more minor type upgrades to a free synth.

i like this idea of a subscription for future developments.

Even these 50 €/$/£.

But for OB-Xd... Hmm...

For a new version of Vertigo, absolutely !!!
:pray: :D :pray:

I would subscribe even for other emulations !

Say... a great emulation of the famous Farfisa Syntorchestra, for example, or of the ARP Pro Soloist (it existed an emulation but only in 32-bit), or of an excellent string machine in real paraphony (not necessary the overseen Solina), or something of these kinds: famous legends not too much complicated but desperately forgotten by the developers of plugins...
Last edited by BlackWinny on Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Heheh well from what I'm reading maybe $49 is too much for what OB-Xd offers.

I don't think that $49 is "too much" for an evolution of OB-Xd.

I rather think that OB-Xd, apart small enhancements, is nice now as it is without requiring a great evolution, and that a project on something brand new in VA emulations would probably gather much more subscriptions.

Something brand new in VA emulations... or a full rework of an old synth which certainly merits to reappear with a great new face: Vertigo.

But I'm bloody sure that a real brand new project would gather many subscriptions. And you can be assured that I'd be among the first subscribers (if not the first one!)
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

SY-99 or bust! :hyper:

SY-99 or bust! :hyper:
d-p edit: It's a hardware I'd slap plastic for, at the right price,
studio territory would be requisitioned as necessary.
So a software version would be a no-brainer. And fun
to sample with Bliss.
Cheers
Last edited by glokraw on Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

glokraw wrote:SY-99 or bust! :hyper:
Interesting idea.. Yeah I would fund that, and it's not illegal to mimic it. After all the MOD-7 synthesis in Kronos implements the same concept of SY-77/99 so why not?

discoDSP wrote:for what OB-Xd offers.
Copy some of the "famous" presets from OP-X, then we can hear what it really offers.
(If copying presets from other synths are within your moral safe zone). :)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

I just downloaded the new DiscoDSP release of the OB-Xd, "Obxd14Mac" and I'm having the same problem I've had since the original (Wordpress) releases years ago, namely that it does not remember CC assignments. I like to use my Korg Minilogue as a virtual synth programming tool because it has an actual potentiometer and switch for every function, and these each send CC information, so I assign the parameters of the OB-Xd to these controls and programming is fast and intuitive.

In the manual it states:
OB-Xd does not have it’s own internal automation map, but you can save current assignments by saving a patch bank (*.fxb); this way any assignments you make can be saved and recalled between projects and hosts. Any automation you assign in your DAW will be correctly remembered by your VST host and re-established on project reload.
That sounds nice, but I can find no such functionality in the AudioUnits version of the plugin.

Am I missing something here? Does anyone know a way to save CC assignments in the AU version?

discoDSP wrote:What do you guys think about adding the choice of paying $49 to get funds for further development? It will remain free and source code with enhancements available of course.
To be honest: I started using OBXD when it was freeware and I didn't anticipate that it would become commercial at some point. If you have to cover developement cost and time, I can totally understand that, since time is the most crucial ressource that we have.

Maybe you could go the Patreon way and link certain improvements from your to do list with certain minimum amounts of monthly donations coming in like Airwindows guy does. Like: you will add feature xyz if the minimum amount of xyz per month is ensured by supporters. Check Airwindows guy: https://www.patreon.com/airwindows

That way people could decide themselves what amount of financial support they are willing and able to provide and you could decide whether the amount of support is sufficient to cover your efforts in developement time or not. It would also take away the stigma associated with a once freeware developement turning into a commercial product. Additionally it's an opportunity to try an altnernative approach to generating income for one of your products, while you can maintain your classical trading routes for your other products.

Just my 2 € cents

zmix wrote: That sounds nice, but I can find no such functionality in the AudioUnits version of the plugin.

Am I missing something here? Does anyone know a way to save CC assignments in the AU version?
I think it has to be implemented.
Izak Synthiemental wrote: Maybe you could go the Patreon way and link certain improvements from your to do list with certain minimum amounts of monthly donations coming in like Airwindows guy does. Like: you will add feature xyz if the minimum amount of xyz per month is ensured by supporters. Check Airwindows guy: https://www.patreon.com/airwindows
Very interesting. Thanks for the idea! :)

Bug: Hanging notes in Cubase Pro 9.5.2. It's happening with BzPad_Bright Wave preset from KVR Pads bank (and I had no problem like this in previous project full of Obxd). Turning on/ff doesn't help. The only one working solution is remove the plugin.
Ps. if this bug is known then sorry but search function shows nothing

Can't be reproduced here.

Return to “Instruments”