What is it about Sylenth1 ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sylenth 1 still sounds great to me. I assume that's why it has gained such popularity over the years. The sound has not changed all that much over the years but the sound of the competition has.

I think we can grow weary of a synth's sound after many years. I still love Sylenth but I find myself reaching for it less and less as I have added other similar plugins like Hive, Dune 2, VPS Avenger etc that have expanded architectures and a wider range of sounds.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

synths are not jobs or drugs, they are cars...

wtf? people say im weird! :lol:

fluffy_little_something wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:21 pm I never understood that "beginner synth" argument
Sylenth 1 = Beginner Synth.

Hardware MiniMoog = Advanced tool for serious sound design.

:hihi:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

fluffy_little_something wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:21 pm I never understood that "beginner synth" argument, frankly. Synths are not jobs or drugs, where people progress. Synths are more like cars. Many people buy compact cars and never anything else because they neither need to transport much, nor do they want to go fast. Instead they enjoy the efficiency of getting the job done.

For many musicians something like Sylenth1 or Waves Element is enough as they use synths only as adornment. EDM people (I don't even want to call them musicians, frankly) are just one loud group of synth users.
i wasnt saying it was a beginner synth, i was trying to say it was great for beginners because of its ease of use.
you are right, it is quick and easy to get a nice sound from it, but it is not flexible and quite limited compared to more complicated synths that are more difficult to learn.
not sure what jobs or drugs have to do with anything. are there even beginner jobs or drugs? i think more likely that there are beginner cars, with less power that are easy to drive :wink:

To come back to the original troll
low_low wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:13 am Sylenth1 is mentioned everywhere, whenever synths come up, what is it about this synth that makes it so highly recommended, it's in like every synth thread on KVR.
I think the correct answer is “who gives a f**k”.

saturday job on a market stall or paperboy could be beginner jobs.

beginner drugs, calpol
least that's where i started :hihi:

vurt wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:35 pm saturday job on a market stall or paperboy could be beginner jobs.

beginner drugs, calpol
least that's where i started :hihi:
:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Teksonik wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:28 pm Sylenth 1 still sounds great to me. I assume that's why it has gained such popularity over the years. The sound has not changed all that much over the years but the sound of the competition has.

I think we can grow weary of a synth's sound after many years. I still love Sylenth but I find myself reaching for it less and less as I have added other similar plugins like Hive, Dune 2, VPS Avenger etc that have expanded architectures and a wider range of sounds.
What kind of music do you make by the way? I don't think I have ever heard anything from you, only read :hihi:

vurt wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:35 pm saturday job on a market stall or paperboy could be beginner jobs.
Ken Shabby: I clean Toilets for a living.

Girl's Father: Is there a promotion involved ?

Ken Shabby: Oh yea yea after five years they give me a brush.

fluffy_little_something wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:42 pm What kind of music do you make by the way? I don't think I have ever heard anything from you, only read :hihi:
I haven't heard anything from you either......... :shrug:

parricide wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:32 pm
fluffy_little_something wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:21 pm I never understood that "beginner synth" argument, frankly. Synths are not jobs or drugs, where people progress. Synths are more like cars. Many people buy compact cars and never anything else because they neither need to transport much, nor do they want to go fast. Instead they enjoy the efficiency of getting the job done.

For many musicians something like Sylenth1 or Waves Element is enough as they use synths only as adornment. EDM people (I don't even want to call them musicians, frankly) are just one loud group of synth users.
i wasnt saying it was a beginner synth, i was trying to say it was great for beginners because of its ease of use.
you are right, it is quick and easy to get a nice sound from it, but it is not flexible and quite limited compared to more complicated synths that are more difficult to learn.
not sure what jobs or drugs have to do with anything. are there even beginner jobs or drugs? i think more likely that there are beginner cars, with less power that are easy to drive :wink:
I am not so sure that people buy weak, slow cars once they get their driver's license. I mean, one doesn't buy a new car every year. People buy cars for a decade or so. And here where I live, young people often have the fastest and loudest cars, unfortunately 8)

fluffy_little_something wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:47 pm
parricide wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:32 pm

I am not so sure that people buy weak, slow cars once they get their driver's license. I mean, one doesn't buy a new car every year. People buy cars for a decade or so. And here where I live, young people often have the fastest and loudest cars, unfortunately 8)
and they dont know how to use them properly, so they crash :hihi:

few beers can get the creative juices flowing with a synth.
wouldn't recommend trying with a car.

Teksonik wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:43 pm
Ken Shabby: I clean Toilets for a living.

Girl's Father: Is there a promotion involved ?

Ken Shabby: Oh yea yea after five years they give me a brush.
:hihi:

Teksonik wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:45 pm
fluffy_little_something wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:42 pm What kind of music do you make by the way? I don't think I have ever heard anything from you, only read :hihi:
I haven't heard anything from you either......... :shrug:
:D And you probably won't as I have kind of given up making music, at least for the time being. As long as I don't have a singer, there is no point. I never really knew what kind of music to make, but certainly not instrumental music :hihi: So, programming a few sounds for fun is all I do...

Return to “Instruments”