What in your opinion is the best Analog-sounding synth freeware out there (apart from Tyrell6) ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Arminator 2

tony10000 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:12 am Dune CM, Bazille CM, Zebra CM, Podolski, Zebralette.
The CM versions aren't really "free" as you need to buy an issue of the mag with the disc, or buy an issue online.

Thanks for all suggestions...
I got hold of OB-XD. But I can't load up any presets. When I right-click the interface it comes up with Skins> Banks> but both options are unselectable.
I downloaded a .fxb file and put it in the vst3 folder I installed it in , but no luck.
Any ideas?
Reaper (win), i7-7700k, 16GB

do_androids_dream wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:56 am If you want the sound of analog just buy real analog. It's never been more affordable. If you go down the software route you'll try everything out, spend shit loads of money and ultimately be disappointed.. and end up buying a real analog synth anyway. Plus, software always loses a lot of value - with hardware you'll get most of, if not all your money back if you ever want to sell.
Hehe. TBH, about the only analog emulation I'm not disappointed in is NI Monark. That thing is just amazingly authentic.

MasterTuner wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:27 pm Thanks for all suggestions...
I got hold of OB-XD. But I can't load up any presets. When I right-click the interface it comes up with Skins> Banks> but both options are unselectable.
I downloaded a .fxb file and put it in the vst3 folder I installed it in , but no luck.
Any ideas?
The sound banks do not go in the VST3 folder. They could theoretically go anywhere that your DAW can see them, but if you want to be able to select a sound bank in OB-Xd you should put them in <your user folder>/Documents/discoDSP/OB-Xd/Banks. If you are only going to select them in your DAW, they can go anywhere.

OB-Xd does not appear to respond to MIDI bank or program change events, which is a pity.
Last edited by teilo on Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

MasterTuner wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:27 pm Thanks for all suggestions...
Any ideas?
OK - I figured it out. The Import/Load fxb presets was obscurely hidden in the VST menu wrapper, not on the actual graphical interface itself.
Reaper (win), i7-7700k, 16GB

cheeze machine

.jon wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:42 am
tony10000 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:12 am Dune CM, Bazille CM, Zebra CM, Podolski, Zebralette.
I believe (just judging from the text) that the OP asked specifically for "analog-sounding" synth freeware. You listed fine synths but they aren't even trying to be "analog".

while none of them emulate specific analogue synths, they are all more than capable of producing convincing analogue sounds, which is exactly what the OP asked for.

Am I the only one who grows weary of the banality of KVR these days ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Another vote for NoiseMaker and Zebralette
yzcoruhT

Teksonik wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:46 pm Am I the only one who grows weary of the banality of KVR these days ?
No kidding...

Full Bucket FB series, the blooo and Kern
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Teksonik wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:46 pm Am I the only one who grows weary of the banality of KVR these days ?
New members sign up. Things repeat. :shrug:

The fact that so many topics repeat themselves show how much interest there is in those. That's probably also why Minimoog emulations, which have been done a thousand times now, still sell well, when there's a new one released.

People these days are really lazy to use google or search button so its understandable why these questions pop up, but if the moderators would be doing theyr job or there would be some control then there wouldnt be this kind of repetition.

Also there is alot of fault on you as KVR members who replay on every repeating topic.

Dont participate in those repeating questions and instead just link a person to KVR search instead :)

Well... if the mods and admins here would want to prevent such discussions, they would do so, i guess. Apart from that, if we wouldn't discuss such topics frequently, which topics would be there to discuss? :)

Return to “Instruments”