Phase Plant released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

clipnotic wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:56 pm I searched for a good Trance Gate FX VST and that Demo from Kilohearts runs very good and it has all features I would need, but that circular step view for me is only confusion, especially with more than 16 steps. Perhaps I'm to old for a design like this, but if there would be a oldschool view version available, I would buy! :D
You can do this in most synths with mseg steps, Which synths do you have?

I am just fascinated about their model and that 1) kvr is not in up in arms about it 2) and clearly it works for them else I am sure by now they would have abandoned it.
rsp
sound sculptist

focusrite wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:58 pm
clipnotic wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:56 pm I searched for a good Trance Gate FX VST and that Demo from Kilohearts runs very good and it has all features I would need, but that circular step view for me is only confusion, especially with more than 16 steps. Perhaps I'm to old for a design like this, but if there would be a oldschool view version available, I would buy! :D
You can do this in most synths with mseg steps, Which synths do you have?
Thank you and yes I know, I have many synths with that feature and some FX VSTs for example Zenith and LFO Tool and FL Studios Gross Beat, but what I like on simple Trance Gates is, you just have to click on off without drawing and fiddle. But if you like mseg steps, the best plugin for that I found yet, is Gatekeeper!
Last edited by clipnotic on Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dune_rave wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:51 pm plus they should improve the space invader game in the plugin :)
Heresy! :wink:

clipnotic wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:56 pmI searched for a good Trance Gate FX VST and that Demo from Kilohearts runs very good and it has all features I would need, but that circular step view for me is only confusion, especially with more than 16 steps. Perhaps I'm to old for a design like this, but if there would be a oldschool view version available, I would buy! :D
I went through the same process a couple of years ago. I looked at half-a-dozen options, installed three of them and bought the kHs one. I like the circle and, as someone who has been able to read a clock face since he was 4 or 5 years old, it makes perfect sense to me. Dividing a circle in to halves, thirds, quarters and eighths is also much easier for me so I don't select the wrong step as often as I do with a linear sequence. That's probably why lots of newer products, from Audio Damage's Enso to Ubsershcall's Elastik, are now doing the same thing with loops.
zvenx wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:03 pmI am just fascinated about their model and that 1) kvr is not in up in arms about it 2) and clearly it works for them else I am sure by now they would have abandoned it.
I think a big part of it is how well it works for us, the end-user. In case you haven't got the email yet, there is an update available and when you run it, it will remind you how easy kHs make everything. Between that and their regular 50% off sales, kHs are fast becoming my favourite developer.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:15 pm I went through the same process a couple of years ago. I looked at half-a-dozen options, installed three of them and bought the kHs one. I like the circle and, as someone who has been able to read a clock face since he was 4 or 5 years old, it makes perfect sense to me. Dividing a circle in to halves, thirds, quarters and eighths is also much easier for me so I don't select the wrong step as often as I do with a linear sequence. That's probably why lots of newer products, from Audio Damage's Enso to Ubsershcall's Elastik, are now doing the same thing with loops..
If the hands of a clock would constantly run with 130 - 180 BPM, it would be hard to read the time! And in combination with some beer, you could fall into hypnosis! :D

EDIT:
But I'll give it another chance, My "trial time" is over, but I bought it from pluginboutique, because I had virtual cash and they give you a saturation plugin for free, that's a great deal! :clap:

Their Trance Gate is my go-to, workflow is so smooth and fast. But I can understand if you are visually dependent as opposed to listening to what is happening. You can toggle a single step and listen to how it changes, that's one way of approaching editing that doesn't require moving your eyes to follow which current step is playing.

yellowmix wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:10 am Their Trance Gate is my go-to, workflow is so smooth and fast. But I can understand if you are visually dependent as opposed to listening to what is happening. You can toggle a single step and listen to how it changes, that's one way of approaching editing that doesn't require moving your eyes to follow which current step is playing.
Yes, it works perfect and tight and has a great envelope, it's a professional work! 👍

Perhaps, they could integrate a button to deactivate that constantly moving circle and instead just a short blinking at the start of the gate sequence for orientation? That could prevent hypnosis! 😜
Last edited by clipnotic on Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

It's a pity that Kilohearts abandoned KH ONE in favor of Phase Plant :(

Calenberger wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:27 pm It's a pity that Kilohearts abandoned KH ONE in favor of Phase Plant :(
Not really a pity... 8)

Trancit wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:22 pm
Calenberger wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:27 pm It's a pity that Kilohearts abandoned KH ONE in favor of Phase Plant :(
Not really a pity... 8)
Some guys think different:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=475268&start=85

I received email yesterday that v1.8.4 is released, but the installation file still points to 1.8.3 telling me I have the latest version. I downloaded the installation file both from the link in the email, and now via their website. Anyone successfully upgraded to v1.8.4?
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:35 pm I received email yesterday that v1.8.4 is released, but the installation file still points to 1.8.3 telling me I have the latest version. I downloaded the installation file both from the link in the email, and now via their website. Anyone successfully upgraded to v1.8.4?
Hmm... that shouldn't be happening. Worked fine for me (just tested as I've not actually updated it yet!) and we've not had anyone else with this issue (so far...). Please drop an email to support@kilohearts.com about it and they'll look into it. :-)

StuSmith wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:56 pm
starflakeprj wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:35 pm I received email yesterday that v1.8.4 is released, but the installation file still points to 1.8.3 telling me I have the latest version. I downloaded the installation file both from the link in the email, and now via their website. Anyone successfully upgraded to v1.8.4?

Hmm... that shouldn't be happening. Worked fine for me (just tested as I've not actually updated it yet!) and we've not had anyone else with this issue (so far...). Please drop an email to support@kilohearts.com about it and they'll look into it. :-)

Yeah, a bit weird I must say. I sent an email to Kilohearts yesterday, but thought I just might ask here if anyone else is having the same problem.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Phase Plant will be one year old this weekend! :party:

To mark the occasion, Kilohearts are offering discounts on Phase Plant and all the Phase Plant bundles until June 10th. As usual, if you already own any Kilohearts plugins then you should log in to see your personalised upgrade price on the bundles.

These are the base offers:

Phase Plant for $99 ($70 off)
Phase Plant + Toolbox STARTER for $129 ($70 off)
Phase Plant + Toolbox PROFESSIONAL for $249 ($100 off)
Toolbox ULTIMATE for $349 ($150 off)

Visit the site for more info and log in to get your personal offers: https://kilohearts.com/

"This first year has flown by and we have been blown away by the support and creativity of thousands of new Phase Plant users. We have continued to develop our software along the way, adding new features and introducing new effects... and we've got lots more planned for the future.

Thank you for joining us on this journey!"

- Kilohearts

Return to “Instruments”