We just released Obscurium, the Synthesis Organism

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We just released what could be the funky frankenstein of all synthesizers. Generative pitch engine, sound morphing, innovative tools for mass manipulation. From stumbling rhythms to adventurous space travels, in Obscurium we extract beauty from the power of of chaos. And yes, we included VST plugin hosting with automation assignments, ready to squeeze unbelievable performances out of your existing range of sound generators.

Check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeyV4fkagX4

Your Sugar Bytes team.

Looks, sounds amazing! Seems to cover glitch, ambient and trance style sequencer(and beyond!). Cool! :hyper:

Looks awesome - is the scales support fixed or can you import say scala?

Downloaded demo, presets not very interesting, overall pretty similar to other SugarBytes products. Will dig deeper but not too impressed at the moment

Looks to be lots of creative possibilities!

An interesting concept, nicely implemented, and just plain aesthetically pleasing to watch ;-) Especially intrigued by the VST hosting, that's a nice 'bonus'.

Anyway, as usual, well done :)
Chris R Gibson ( a.k.a. Loopy C )
https://soundcloud.com/loopy-c

but but... logic pro midi fx???? how can this be excluded. i know apple is no goal but for folks like myself that use logic, the omission of midi output via midi fx is pretty critical.

will you be implementing this at some point. the synth in obscurium is ok but the powere here is being able to drive other synths with it. a huge oversight of logic users like myself.

UPDATE: the VST integration is nice in that allows the plugin to control at least 1 VST synth. seems to work ok in Logic.

Where is the BPM control for the standalone host? Sorry to bother if I'm staring at it... Thanks!
| bleachbro |

Hey, go to the File Menu/Window/Tempo.

M

Thanks!!
| bleachbro |

aMUSEd wrote:Looks awesome - is the scales support fixed or can you import say scala?
This valid question keeps being ignored.
I feel it's vitally important for some producers. I wish every VSTi developer kept it in mind.

we have not implemented a scale editor or scale import for reasons of complexity and usability. if the userpower rises, we might rethink.
best
rico

Messed with the demo for a while, this comes across more as an arpeggiator with a sound generator attached to it in my book. Internal synth is ok but not more... The interesting stuff is the ability to arpeggiate and modulate parameters normally not included in arpeggiators (even though that is changing as this is proof of). GUI looks cool at first but is not so intuitive as I would have hoped. Tricky to get an overview of what really is going on. Can the chords in the chord generator be edited...?

Will mess with it more for sure and it might change my view on it....

cheers

big

1. Is there a way to turn the opacity down on selected parameters? If I'm working with one or two parameters in the motion graph I don't really need all of the others at the same visual intensity. It's ok for a bit but it starts to strain the eye after a while.

2. Is there a way to make the gui in the standalone version bigger? If not, are there plans to add that option in the future?

This thing is brilliant.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

plexuss wrote:but but... logic pro midi fx???? how can this be excluded. i know apple is no goal but for folks like myself that use logic, the omission of midi output via midi fx is pretty critical.

will you be implementing this at some point. the synth in obscurium is ok but the powere here is being able to drive other synths with it. a huge oversight of logic users like myself.

UPDATE: the VST integration is nice in that allows the plugin to control at least 1 VST synth. seems to work ok in Logic.
I am going to leave my post above unedited as testimony to my own idiocy. :D I understand now why Obscurium doesn't doesn't act as a MIDI FX in Logic: it doesn't need to! That's not the point. I should have worked with the demo more before posting.

I ended up buying Obscurium - it is absolutely astoundingly amazing. I am totally blown away by it. To get such parameter manipulation on such a large scale to sound as good as it does is a miraculous feat. Only Sugar Bytes has this level of understanding and "one-ness" with effects to be able to pull off a tool like Obscurium. It's mind blowing and sounds great. Very unique. thanks Sugar Bytes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAeQCCFksl0

Return to “Sugar Bytes”