MSoundFactory Wishlist

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Whywhy wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:22 pm Some wish:

A Poly CV quantizer, with user scales, and a reel sample & hold with input and trigger via side chain. This could bring MSF into the modular world !

We could create some sequences easily and that, independently to the main arp. We could create complex drones with seq per oscillator, generative music, complex evolving harmonies, complete song......

Vojtech, if you listen :) it will brings Msf a step further!
++++1!

Bad news folks - as I stated a few times - I'm not reading this, because if I would do that, there would be no development at all :D. Anyways one step at a time, next one is a sampler.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

:tu: :party:

I don't use a sampler very often, what features should a good sampler have? Is there a consensus 'best' sampler available?

Multi layer

Time stretching

Sample editing

Direct recording

Sample splicing

Very good x-over

Great looping features

Easy keyboard sample placement

A great visual feedback of the sample wave to see what's going on

Multiple outs

Some more?

Hah! More? I don't see where most of that differs from what is native in the average DAW, BUT (as I said before) I don't use a sampler often and am not familiar with the hows and whys of good sampler makeup. You provided a very interesting feature set without reasons or uses andd there haven't been any additions or comments so I'll assume that everyone agrees with you without any explanations that simple me seems to need.

Maybe a good addition would be an arranger to combine all kinds of sliced sample bits as new loops plus the addition to change the lengths of each slice to get into glitch territory too if needed.

Designed loops could be changing the order of the different slices by randomize their position. Would allow very crazy cool stuff.

Backward playback is a thing of course.

And why not make the playback optional granular sampler style? But a separate granular sampler module with full blown features would maybe make more sense.

Another cool feature for a sampler maybe would be various looping options with stutter, repeater and a looper style to bring it into frippertronic territory.

Sorry that I do not explain their usage or needs further. I thought the positions would be self- explaining. :)

Ps.
If Vojtech doesn't read this all (or was that a joke) what sense does this thread has anyway?

Vojtech didn't set this thread up and I believe him when he writes that he doesn't read this.

I think I believe this too :)

nichttuntun wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:34 pm Multi layer

Time stretching

Sample editing

Direct recording

Sample splicing

Very good x-over

Great looping features

Multiple outs

Some more?
sfz sound support. so there can load many samples. it is enough when there is only support multisamples and velocity layer and the loop points. adsr settings or filters can create easy for whole sound in msoundfactory. but load each multi sample, each velocity layer sample in, is lots work and very boring. good samples contain for 1 instrument often more than 30 single samples.

bedroomproducersblog.com/2016/06/29/vsco-community-edition/
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

Hello,

FR for the sampler module :

Volume and pan envelopes under the sample waveform to be able to easily program "woosh sourds" for film Sound fx etc
See UVI woosh for exemple.

nichttuntun wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:34 pm Multi layer

Time stretching

Sample editing

Direct recording

Sample splicing

Very good x-over

Great looping features

Multiple outs

Some more?
+- 96 Semitones Pitch Bend Assignable, Different Sampling Modes (See Logic's Alchemy f.e. Granular)

A.

I hope this is the right Place:

It´d be nice to be able to switch (at least) the Sampler Module Mono / Poly seperately and have at least a Legato-Mode (play on, no Restart) for additional FX Layers with constant Pitch (Noise, Vinyl, Cheese Crust, what ever).

As far as I can see it would be possible to manage that with a seperate MSF insides the MSF - and I didn´t find any other Module that allows to choose between Mono/Poly?

Didn´t finde the Legato-Options yet btw. Restart, continuous, ...?

I would to see a module similar to Spectralayers 6 or 7 and Iris 2.
ARA if possible
Multi track and multi-sample editing.

Edit:
Just noticed here https://www.meldaproduction.com/MSoundFactory
"What do we plan for the future? Well, more physical modelling, spectral synthesis and much more..."

I've already spoken

Return to “MeldaProduction”