Chordware: I can adapt

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks for listening.

http://www.chordware.com/I_will_adapt.mp3

Steve
Last edited by trewq on Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

this song brings some older artists to mind. i like this style. could you get rid of the clipping? also, some of the changes pop
"Most people who experiment with drugs are not lying in the streets, suffocating on their own vomit. If you want to see some of that, go to the Pub on Saturday night at closing time." ozwest

Thanks,

I just updated it. Its not purfect, but it has a better transition and ending. I can't hear poping anymore, but it might be my headphones.

I like the looped layers in this, very unique sound! This is a very interesting track-enjoyed it!

I like this but I feel like it's a constant build-up and that you never reach the goal. Nice sounds in there :)

it sounds much better, but there's still a little distortion. i know it's somestimes weird to be compared to anyone, put this piece reminds me of various pink floyd and as falls wichita so falls wichita falls. i was trying to imagine how you did this, and then i checked the site under your nick. i thought chordware was your artist name
"Most people who experiment with drugs are not lying in the streets, suffocating on their own vomit. If you want to see some of that, go to the Pub on Saturday night at closing time." ozwest

Thanks Androidlove, I'm glad you liked the song, and to have it compared to PF.

Its probably not a good idea to have my artist name the same as my product name, but I wanted to associate it with the music to give folks more of an idea about it - a midi, chord, and sequencing program that can be midi-routed to an audio program.

To help you imagine how I worked the song out: its not an algorithmic composer - you select each chord from a filtered list(which helps you watch your accidentals), although the voices will often fall into place, given the right settings. So besides editing a note here and there, its a lot of 'Undo/ try another setting' to replace chords. But, in my defense, its not that much trial and error - I did the song in two nights. Same with the rhythm changes: each is derived from the main rhythm, which originally came from 3 switching arpeggiators. So its mainly alot of tools that require alot of patience and faith at first - and years of practice-composing for the end result.

Thanks for your response, and I'm always happy to answer email.

Return to “Music Cafe”