strange bug ...mixer output lowers randomly in volume

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sequecing abl3 from a mono pattern , switching between conduct play /timeline (1,2 agument ) , all of a sudden the output of said track lowers in volume for a few bars and then back to normal ..sound like phase cancelation issue ( only reverb as insert )
No volume automation whatsoever
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Some more info
i have made four patterns, let's label these A,B,C,D, and these are lined out on the time line
The conduct input of the monosequencer is receiving argument 1 ( for conduct play ) and its playing pattern A , while the timeline is scrolling and reaches another pattern ( let's say pattern B ) , this pattern is righfully ignored because conduct is set to play mode ,yet abl3 halves in volume
Verry strange indeed

Eyeball exchanging

I replaced abl3 with the freeware synth charlatan and there it also happens .
It seems that realtime switching between conduct "play/timeline is creating some issues ( depending on what pattern is visible on the timeline )
Eyeball exchanging

Ok I managed to isolate the bug , you need to download charlatan from blaukraut ( great freebee )
Load the file and click argument '2' ( conduct time line ) let it play till it reaches scene 4 , then click argument 1 while it plays scene four ( conduct play )
Let it play and observe how the patterns on the time line affect the pattern in the grid mode ( because it's set to conduct play )

I forgot to mention that I heavily used shorted gate times , and I think that's the culprit of the problem , the gate times of a pattern on the time line (whcih should be ignored ) affect the pattern that is assigned to play mode

Edit , the bug affects all instruments when set to mono
Steps to reproduce ( in case the file can't be loaded )
-Create 4 patterns for a monosequencer and make sure the last pattern has short gate times
-Assign the pattern to a synth set to mono
-Lay out the patterns in play grid mode pattern A,B,C,d and do the same on the timeline
-Enable conduct input and create two arguments 1:play , 2: timeline
-Execute argument 2 timeline , when it reaches the third pattern "C" on the timeline , excute argument 1 so it reverts to play mode ( pattern c keeps playing ) but when timeline reaches patternD , the short gate times are affecting pattern C
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eyeball exchanging

Wow, that's a complex set of instructions! Thanks for writing that up. I'll take a look at this (but may have to bump the fix to the next update, as I'd really rather gets the other issues I've fixed out today, if possible.)
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

I've managed to witness this issue now on my test machine. Should have fixed shortly, I reckon.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Fixed. Essentially, the bug occurred in certain circumstances when changing from a pattern conducted on a timeline, to the same pattern being conducted by one of the other modes.

Return to “Loomer”