Frequent crashing

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just saw this topic and thought I chime in: For me, Architect crashes all the time too (as a plugin, version 0.10.5, will give .6 a try) in Bitwig Studio.
Stopped using it for the time being.
It seems that as soon as there is more Midi Data coming in than a couple of notes, it loves to crash (for instance with my Midi Mangler I sent you a while ago, Colin).

We also have a Minilogue XT and maybe it's significant for the ops case that it uses high-rez data for it's controls (14 bit), so that could flood Architect and make it go poof... ?

I'm on Windows 8.1 x64. Latest Bitwig.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Hmm, yes, could possibly be related to volume of MIDI data. I've got a crash log into from s3lf, so at least I'm a little closer to tracking down the issue.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Truth be told , I rarely use architect as a plugin .
Mostly standalone and thus not receiving lot’s of midi in data .
In a couple of weeks I will receive my cirklon( after +3 years on the waiting list 🤪) and I will take good use of the 96 midi channels over usb , using architect as a vst host .
We’ll see , I would be dissapointed if it failed the test .
Not a lot of hosts are designed to capture and receive a lot of midi data over numerous channels .
Stay tuned .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Well, Architect is the first midi host I ever used that would crash from too much midi data IIRC.
I encountered Midi Overflow in the olden days when computers couldn't keep up, but I can't remember any crashes from that cause.

In my case the crash was easy to repeat: In Bitwig Studio, first in the Chain was PB Scaler 2 playing chords and second was Venomode Phrasebox 1.2. After that came Architect with my Midi Mangler loaded (the latter working randomly or showing errors, depending on the weather, the time of day, the phase of the moon or something :shrug: ).
When Phrasebox was set to a sequence with little notes, it was okay, if I used a rather dense pattern, Architect crashed.
So I removed it.
Phrasebox 1.2 can now do most of what I used Architect and my Mangler for thankfully.

Good luck Colin.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

I believe I've fixed this: s3lf has a beta copy that they're testing, and has reported (so far) that this issue appears fixed.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

All seems good been using it for a few hours now without a crash :)

Return to “Loomer”