v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

For people who remain fans of the old browser, it might be worth making the option “Use browsers as separate windows”

lulukom wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:05 am Thanks Attila, your plans are wonderful!
As for the preview of MIDI files in the browser, I don’t understand why there is no demand from other users? After all, I want to listen to MIDI files before I transfer them to the RC... Now every time I need to transfer the MIDI file to the RC and make sure that it does not suit me ((( Or search for using the MIDI file player from other manufacturers (But this is a midi-oriented program and all such programs have this opportunity!
+1 yea, I agree ...

On the UI.. Noticed that when the browsers are visible, you can't resize the program, (stand alone).. if you hide them, then you can resize.. For this style of windowing, it would work best if everything resized and stayed visible, down to a minimum size, of course. It probably would mean putting the whole UI into a container that could handle the re-draw call backs were the relative edges were always consistent..

Thank you for RC 3.9b21 !

Re: "The redesigned browsers are docked on the right side: more visual and sound preview possibilities added"

I wonder if I understand a) the operations possible with this setup, and b) the intent of it.

Question: Can this multi-browser window be undocked and placed where desired?

I have a 4 monitor setup and having browsers be placeable not overtop of the composition but separately wherever on my 4 displays I wanted them was an important and positive feature.

A single fixed window with the only choice for enlargement being spanning across multiple displays with their bezels slashing thru the windows is much less helpful that being able to have multiple windows and being able to put them where desired.

I should note that so far I primarily use the standalone version of RC.

Perhaps the possibilities and goals of display differ for the standalone vs. plugins. (?) I'll be using the plugins too at some point.

All of which adds up to, IMO, the need for docked windows to be detachable (undockable).

Is that already possible? If so, how is that done? If not, is that on the drawing board? Or are the way it used to be (pre b21) and the way it is now (b21) two separate roads that are forever either/or rather than both/and?

Here is a situation:

In the (b21) Phrase Browser, double-click on a phrase to send it to the Phrase Editor.

The Phrase Browser is now gone.

Used to be the Phrase Browser window was still where we last put it, ready for a new double-click on a new phrase to send it to the Phrase Editor. Right?

That was a feature, not a bug! I miss it immediately.

I am loving the way b21 works so smoothly for dragging .mid files onto the MIDI Import page. Great work!

It would be a nice-to-have if we could click or dbl-click or Ctrl-click or keystroke in order to do "all on/all off" for the Import and Analyze columns.

RC - Import and Analyze 01.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

+1

I see, Attila, that we have already added a lot of work to you)))
But I will still ask for one option (with a check mark)) :
When converting midi to relational form
" ALWAYS set notes to the nearest scale or chord. "
If this option is not available, you cannot fully use keyboard shortcuts (1/3/5)
It always torments me and takes a lot of time ... ( Thanks.

Hi,

I suggest allowing a keystroke shortcut for the Show Browsers icon.
RC - Hide or Show Browsers 01.jpg

(And I note that 'W', which can be used to show/hide other independent windows does not affect the new docked window.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi,

Two suggested nice-to-haves:

1. Allow dbl-click on horizontal scrollbar to execute a zoom-to-fit operation.

2. Allow a keystroke shortcut for same.

Hi,

The popup help for 'Add MIDI Track' reports 'A' as the keystroke command.

RC - Add MIDI Track Shortcut A.jpg

However, this is not correct.

The actual keystroke (as confirmed via actually adding a track) is '+'.

This is also shown in the .html output of the keystroke shortcut table.

RC - Add Tracks Keystrokes.jpg

Also, where the keystroke shortcut table simply says 'Add Track', should that be 'Add MIDI Track' ?

Hi,

Looks like the Chord Selector keyboard shortcuts need to be added to the HTML output of that list.

RC - Chord Selector Shortcuts 01.jpg
RC - End of HTML 01.jpg

Hi,

FWIW, if the paradigm for allowing the user to text-search available options is going to be via export to HTML (which does actually work OK, since browsers allow text search on a page), then the 'Misc' and 'User Interface' pages would benefit from adding the export to HTML ability just like the 'Keyboard Shortcuts' page has.

Alternatively, if it is possible to arrange for a direct text-search ability right on these RC pages themselves, that would work too.

Hi,

FWIW, I'd find it helpful to have a Tempo control right next to the metronome icon.

More than once I've gone hunting for that ... (right-click on the Master Track !)

+1 With slider

Return to “MusicDevelopments”