Shreddage 2X FREE UPDATE - Now available! (May 22, 2014)

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey Andrew, also the Guitar FX patch doesn't do well when double/quad tracked, or at least it didn't from what I remember. Because there is only one sample per FX

warfighter67 wrote:Hey Andrew, also the Guitar FX patch doesn't do well when double/quad tracked, or at least it didn't from what I remember. Because there is only one sample per FX
Well, here's what I do.

There's multiple versions of each effect note. I set up two FX patches, both set to the respective guitar's output. I have one effect version sound for one channel, and another for the other channel. It always works well for me. At least, I always do this with double tracked stuff. I can't speak for quad tracked, but there are some effects that have 4 different versions.

This version of Shreddage is DEFINITELY A LOT easier to use, and better sounding with the bite feature. With the kinks worked out, this is easily the best guitar VSTi for metal.

Download the latest NKI (v17, May 24)

This addresses all bugs reported so far. Unison Bend is now working on CC11, as before. Fret noise and full chokes implemented on the same keys as before (F / F# below the lowest single note). Only major todo left is preset SAVE/LOAD unless more issues come up.

Thank you for your help so far, please keep stressing it! And don't forget to try things like Pick Offset etc.

I will also work on a new FX patch with support for double/quad tracking.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Hi Andrew,i'm testing right now the update,great gui, :band2: I asked you for one more keyswitch to enable\disable the tapping function,is it doable in the final version?

Yes, we have room, and I will add that.

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

I'm still getting quite a bit of phasing with portamento on both singles and powerchords.

edit: Nevermind, I didn't have the double track options set correctly.

zircon wrote:Can't reproduce, can you take a screenshot..?

Hi andrew and all Shreddage 2 Community.
It seems that it's not possible to put more articulations on the same keyswitch, even if i set different velocity ranges for each articulation.
There is a little bug on staccato's articulation, when i move from powerchords to single notes it doesn't keep the articulation. I have to change articulation and then reselect staccato to use it on single notes.

You're correct that it's not possible to put multiple articulations on one keyswitch - this is intended. Was there a particular kind of usage that this is preventing? It would be possible for me to script that functionality, but a little tricky, and since I haven't seen it in other libraries / plugins I figure it's not necessarily a top priority. However I'm interested in hearing your thoughts.

Staccato articulation should be fixed. I've also tightened the release times on mutes + staccatos in general to be more like ~80ms as opposed to 140ms.

The pinch quickedit thing should be fixed now as well, I think I just left out the TXT file for the background.

Is it possible to get the trash note to work on powerchords done using the single notes? Right now with double tracking, I notice that when I do a manual chord and hit the thrash note, the first few notes come out of one channel and the other note out of the other channel.

zircon wrote:You're correct that it's not possible to put multiple articulations on one keyswitch - this is intended. Was there a particular kind of usage that this is preventing? It would be possible for me to script that functionality, but a little tricky, and since I haven't seen it in other libraries / plugins I figure it's not necessarily a top priority. However I'm interested in hearing your thoughts.
It was a little misunderstanding. It's really not necessary. Sorry

1) Andrew, i found several phase problems in double tracking. I've put all (screenshots, midi sequence and a video) inside an archive, please check it and tell me if i've done anything wrong.

http://www47.zippyshare.com/v/48415742/file.html

2) There is a bug on all upstroke palm powerchords.

3) The current default stroke direction behavior is totally wrong imho. It should be just unlike this. Stroke direction should change only when we go faster. May you add a forced alternate stoke mode?

I think a keyswitch would be better, to allow us to use a keyswitch to activate "only down" and "only up"

Is it possible to get the trash note to work on powerchords done using the single notes? Right now with double tracking, I notice that when I do a manual chord and hit the thrash note, the first few notes come out of one channel and the other note out of the other channel.
My original idea for that function was to help with people who are playing fast riffs on a single note. Repeating chords is a bit different. The issue is that the script doesn't necessarily know what's a chord and what isn't. If I rapidly play C3, D3, E3 and hit the thrash note, it doesn't know whether I just played a very fast chord, or whether those were individual notes and I just want to repeat the LAST one.

I suppose one solution would be to use the 'chord threshold' parameter. Like if I play C E G within the chord threshold (300ms between notes, by default) it will store these notes and trigger ALL of them via the thrash note.

Would that work?
1) Andrew, i found several phase problems in double tracking. I've put all (screenshots, midi sequence and a video) inside an archive, please check it and tell me if i've done anything wrong.
Thank you for the thorough feedback + materials here, very helpful. I think I've fixed the issues here but of course please keep testing. To help with other debug, I've made the infobar display exactly what stroke + RR is being played, so if you hit a note you think is phasing, you can compare the display on each instance.
2) There is a bug on all upstroke palm powerchords.
Indeed! Fixed.
3) The current default stroke direction behavior is totally wrong imho. It should be just unlike this. Stroke direction should change only when we go faster. May you add a forced alternate stoke mode?
There is a keyswitch to determine picking mode. E-2 to F#-2: Picking mode (Alt, Down, Up). This way you can get very granular with your sequencing, if you like.

----

NEW NKI AVAILABLE, v18 (May 25th). In addition to hopefully addressing all bugs so far, this also adds a keyswitch for tapping mode (G-2).

Download S2X v18 (May 25th)

zircon wrote:I suppose one solution would be to use the 'chord threshold' parameter. Like if I play C E G within the chord threshold (300ms between notes, by default) it will store these notes and trigger ALL of them via the thrash note.
Oh, that's okay then. I can stick with manual "strumming". I don't want to create more work for you. :)

Return to “Impact Soundworks”