Sampling content from host

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm using logic pro 9 and am trying to record audio into the sampler, but no audio is detected and nothing is recorded when i hit play.. Is there a button or icon that has to be checked? I followed the user manual and checked "trigger sampling on transport play" and the red record icon obviously.. Also.. Is there a way to use the spacebar shortcut for pause/play while having the plugin window open? Not the biggest problem, just convenient when you're used to it.. :D

I am unsure if Logic allows routing audio into an AU instrument. You need to check you plug-in audio routing (someone more proficient at Logic, feel free to suggest how). TX16Wx presents a stereo input to the host DAW. It is then up to the DAW to send audio there or not. Quite obviously, it cannot record anything if there is no audio input.

As for space; Unless you have a text edit field active or anything, TX16Wx should not try to steal that key event, so it really should work. If it doesn't, it might be a bug or just a Cocoa quirk. I'll look at it asap.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Ok.. Yes, seems like it mutes/solos also.. But yes, just click outside the window and spacebar.. Already got used to that :wink:

I've got the same question for Reaper, I know this is the most basic thing, so basic it's not spelled out?

Everything on youtube, even things called "sampling with TX16wx" is just playing samples and the manual has just a couple sentences

I have TX16wx on a track that is hearing the stereo mix, nothing is showing on the TX16wx's meters and record does nothing!!

Thanks!
Dave

I know this is an old topic but to anyone like me who could find no solution to this problem, if your using Logic and you want to use the sampler/record function (accessed in the wave editor page), you need to turn Side Chain to input 1 or whatever input your using. Its located at the top right of the sampler. This probably solves the problem for other DAWs like Reaper and Cubase.

What confused me at first was that the red light on the button is dim for recording but bright for not recording!

davetbass wrote:I've got the same question for Reaper, I know this is the most basic thing, so basic it's not spelled out?

Everything on youtube, even things called "sampling with TX16wx" is just playing samples and the manual has just a couple sentences

I have TX16wx on a track that is hearing the stereo mix, nothing is showing on the TX16wx's meters and record does nothing!!

Thanks!
Dave
You need to enable input monitoring on the track in REAPER (be careful - might give feedback loop).

Return to “CWITEC”