Javascript Macro Action Requests

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

whyterabbyt wrote:
I was trying to figure this out, but couldnt quite manage. The duplicate is easy, I just can't figure out a couple of things eg
Thanks for looking at that. I figured out how to do everything except delete the clips in a selected track if anyone knows how to do that. I tried to gleam the necessary commands from Woody's "name clips after track name" macro, but couldn't figure it out. That script makes me feel like this one is possible. It also makes me feel like modifying the track name to include a +1 for every duplicate may be possible also.

I ran across the issue that creating a new track or duplicate causes tracktion to highlight both tracks, (I believe this to be a hindrance in general) so what I do after the duplicate is "select item above current selection and then below current selection to get a single track highlighted, from there I can MUTE, then move selection down again and I'm selected as the duplicate. Now I just need to delete the clips.

Dave, you out there?

Is there a way to select all clips from a highlighted track, via macros?

Kang wrote:Dave, you out there?

Is there a way to select all clips from a highlighted track, via macros?
Not right now but for the next version I'll add a way to select objects from their var Javascript representations and also delete them. This should be what you need to build that script.

Many thanks!

I'd like to also request a hide automation option on a per track basis. Hide ALL automation might be nice also, which is currently available in the automation button, but not as a key command. OR, could scrolling through automation also scroll through no automation?

Then, modifiers to the naming options, so that when you set up a named track or marker, each subsequent track could have a number +1 associated with it (vocal1, vocal2, vocal3, etc).

Thanks for taking these into account.

Tempo Mapping

Sorry if this has already been covered somewhere... or if I'm not understanding what the macros are for...

What I would like to do is automate tempo mapping of a song (mp3 for example) by dropping either markers or midi notes.
For example, if I bring in an audio file with varying tempo, I need to easily create a tempo map.
One of the easiest way is to drop markers or midi notes on the first beat of each measure as you listen to the song, then use those points to set tempo for each measure.
(Note: more sophisticated versions allow dropping on each bar, 1/4 note, 1/2 note, etc)

In REA***R this was implemented as a macro, SON**R calls is "fit improvisation", Cub*s* calls it ??:
1) user drops markers or midi notes on the first beat of every bar/measure
2) the events are converted to tempo change points
3) the tempo is adjusted from start to finish incrementally by determining the correct bpm to create a measure between the events

Could this possibly be performed with macros? Can anyone direct me to info on the macro capability? I currently am evaluating T6, and this is a feature I would really like to see. :tu:

The macros are a new feature to allow a series of regularly used action to be carried out in one action.

This thread is really about what actions people want adding to the existing ones and how to achieve certain things.

This one http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=441200 is the initial one telling us about it. There's a video in it. It's worth a read.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

jabe wrote:The macros are a new feature to allow a series of regularly used action to be carried out in one action.

This thread is really about what actions people want adding to the existing ones and how to achieve certain things.

This one http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=441200 is the initial one telling us about it. There's a video in it. It's worth a read.
Thanks again - I loved that video! Just amazing what's in Tracktion. I'm very impressed.

My request for javascript functions would be to have the ability to:
tracktion.setTempoFromMarkers()

and a keymaping (unless there is one I cant find) for setting markers at cursor

jabe wrote:The macros are a new feature to allow a series of regularly used action to be carried out in one action.

This thread is really about what actions people want adding to the existing ones and how to achieve certain things..
Yeah, I think that, for the purpose of this thread we should be careful to remember that we're talking about requesting the implementation of actions for scripts, not adding entirely new functionality to T6 that just happens to have a Javascript call.

The distinction I'd make is that Javascript Actions replace/extend what the user does [/i](ie clicks, drags, selections etc), specifically to drive a sequence of operations that Tracktion carries out.

If what you're requesting here is something that Tracktion doesnt already do (ie its not a replacement for what a user does in Tracktion), then I'd suggest that its actually a new feature request, not a Javascript Action request, and should be elsewhere.

That's my take on what the current level of Javascript supports, ie its basically an extension to the keyboard shortcuts system to turn them into macros.

If Im wrong, then the capabilities of Javascript are going to have to be extended much 'deeper' into the workings of Tracktion than they currently are (ie actually dealing with all of the underlying audio/midi/project data itself rather than what it does now ie that which is required to 'masquerade' as direct user interaction). And that might happen, further down the line, but its not what we have right now.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

^^ thanks for clarifying for me. I was under the impression that ALL the "user actions" were implemented and they were asking what ELSE (functionality-wise) people wanted. My mistake. Hopefully the capabilities will continue to grow. It looks very promising.

Kang wrote:Is there a way to select all clips from a highlighted track, via macros?
I've just added this now as "addObjectsToSelection" (v6.2.2). It's important to note that this can be used in conjunction with "deselectAll" and "deleteSelected" to effectively create a new selection or delete a set of objects.

Code: Select all

// Delete all clips on a Track
var track = Tracktion.getTrackFromSelectedObject();
var clips = Tracktion.getClipsFromTracks (track);

Tracktion.deselectAll();
Tracktion.addObjectsToSelection (clips);
Tracktion.deleteSelected();

Kang wrote:I'd like to also request a hide automation option on a per track basis. Hide ALL automation might be nice also
Just added this (v6.2.2) so you can now do:

// Hide automation on selected tracks
var tracks = Tracktion.getSelectedEditElements ('track');
Tracktion.hideAutomationOnTracks (tracks );
or

// Hide all automation
var tracks = Tracktion.getEditElements ('track');
Tracktion.hideAutomationOnTracks (tracks );

So what I wrote earlier:

Some things I'd like to accomplish by script:

- trigger note events randomly OR

- put a random offset e.g. in the range of up to +/- one second on looped sequences

(would be great for 'natural' sounds like bells and birds etc.)

- have a shortcut to block receiving CC123 to Midi port (VSTHost and Cantabile do this)

- defer note off while sustain pedal is pressed. (for plugins that don't have regular sustain pedal support)

Is not possible with the current Javascript engine?

That's too bad :(

"Kids! Get off my lawn!"

zxant wrote: 
So what I wrote earlier:

Some things I'd like to accomplish by script:

- trigger note events randomly OR

- put a random offset e.g. in the range of up to +/- one second on looped sequences

(would be great for 'natural' sounds like bells and birds etc.)

- have a shortcut to block receiving CC123 to Midi port (VSTHost and Cantabile do this)

- defer note off while sustain pedal is pressed. (for plugins that don't have regular sustain pedal support)

Is not possible with the current Javascript engine?

That's too bad :(
No, the Javascript engine currently only drives Tracktion's UI-based actions. You're talking about live processing of MIDI, by the sound of it. Its possible -a- Javascript engine could wind up in Tracktion for that sort of thing, but I suspect I would be a completely different one from the one we currently have (for one thing it'd probably have to operate inside the audio/event engine, not the user-interaction part of the software). Javascript might not even be the best choice.

There might be prebuilt MIDI-processing plugins which can be used; have a look at the pizMIDI plugins to see if there's something appropriate. Or if you want something programmable, text-based options include ReaJS and BlueCat's Plug'n'Script. Bidule would probably also be useable, or perhaps Reaktor or Synthedit etc.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

What ist the code of ´Zoom clip to fit screen´?

fortklang wrote:What ist the code of ´Zoom clip to fit screen´?
That should work:

Tracktion.zoomAroundSelection();
var track = Tracktion.getTrackFromSelectedObject();
var height = Tracktion.getTrackAreaHeight();
Tracktion.setTrackHeight (track, height);
Tracktion.scrollToShowTrack (track);

Return to “Tracktion”