[W11 bugs] Looping/utility plugins

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

First of all, great update!

I've started to record in W11 and during this process discovered some rather minor bugs (Catalina):

1) When one of the Waveform utility plugins (Text Plugin, Rewire Device, Midi Patch Bay, Aux Return) is open and the main Waveform window is then minimized, the plugin is still being displayed on the top blinking. After that it is hard to open the main window again (something is blocking).

2) Looping: if a clip is looped, its content moved, and then looping is disabled, the clip is still stretched but part of it is empty. The consequences are that if its content was moved a lot then it can happen there is no original clip visible anymore. If you stretch the clip in this state, it will disappear (only its left part of the frame is visible). Shouldn't clips come to their original size when looping is off?

3) When moving clips between tracks inside folders it happens sometimes (however I cannot replicate it easily) that a dummy clip is displayed in a folder:
F24D9441-D1F8-4723-AA23-1EFC0A02E4DF_4_5005_c.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by MBO on Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks, we'll take a look in to the first two.

For (3) though, I think that's what is supposed to happen? The clip on the folder track shows the structure of the folder's contents. If you add more clips to tracks within the folder you should see them build up.

Thanks!

For (3), sorry, I have this test edit and checked it now. Yes, the track 4 is inside the folder, so everything's ok - I guessed it was outside the folder.

MBO wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:32 pm First of all, great update!

I've started to record in W11 and during this process discovered some rather minor bugs (Catalina):

1) When one of the Waveform utility plugins (Text Plugin, Rewire Device, Midi Patch Bay, Aux Return) is open and the main Waveform window is then minimized, the plugin is still being displayed on the top blinking. After that it is hard to open the main window again (something is blocking).

2) Looping: if a clip is looped, its content moved, and then looping is disabled, the clip is still stretched but part of it is empty. The consequences are that if its content was moved a lot then it can happen there is no original clip visible anymore. If you stretch the clip in this state, it will disappear (only its left part of the frame is visible). Shouldn't clips come to their original size when looping is off?

3) When moving clips between tracks inside folders it happens sometimes (however I cannot replicate it easily) that a dummy clip is displayed in a folder:
F24D9441-D1F8-4723-AA23-1EFC0A02E4DF_4_5005_c.jpeg
I experienced the first two points too, looks like I'm not the only one, and glad to see that they are going to fix it!

Return to “Tracktion”