Group tracks

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

From May 2013 on the Bitwig Facebook page, Bitwig's response about grouping/nesting:

"Will it be possible to create groups inside groups?"

"Yes, grouping tracks already works like this, you can put groups into groups into groups - but maybe the grouping feature will be left out for 1.0 and follow shortly afterwards as it is not too polished yet and not the most important one on the priority list."

Well, it isn't in the launch version. I'd just like to say that I think track grouping (and nested track grouping) is crucial. I'm not really sure how I can work without it honestly. Is this still something that's going to be added soon? Any ETA?

Group tracks will be out in the next bugfix release.
It's easy if you know how

lesha wrote:Group tracks will be out in the next bugfix release.
Where did you get that from?

trappar wrote:
lesha wrote:Group tracks will be out in the next bugfix release.
Where did you get that from?
Dom said it in the long Bitwig thread, if I recall correctly.

trappar wrote:I'd just like to say that I think track grouping (and nested track grouping) is crucial. I'm not really sure how I can work without it honestly.
This.

Here you are..
Multichannel VST and Group tracks will be among the next features after the release, besides constant polishing and bug fixing. Those will be part of the free bugfix updates for version 1 but I won't comment on which version exactly i think they will be included as it should not matter what i think but only what i really know ;-)

Cheers,
Dom

Return to “Bitwig”