No vertical zoom in arrangement window.

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tj Shredder wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 2:55 pm ... If I have a very audible signal at -40 dB ...
But this is a good joke... :lol:

Unimaginable for pop music, but in contemporary classical music you have a dynamic range from pppp to ffff, and if your noise level is on -40 dB you’d be pissed or we would still be happy with cassette tapes.
I don’t talk about the end product, I talk about editing, even -20 dB is hard to see. I want to zoom in or be able to see very low signals. The logarithmic representation of the waveform as option in Ardour would be a smart solution by the way...

It is the main reason, why I can’t use Bitwig for audio editing! I’d like to have one tool to rule them all...

I sure hope some form of data/vertical zoom will be implemented in the near future - I already wrote a feature request, hope everyone interested does so as well.
The devs most likely won't read this thread/forum, so emailing them is the best way to show them that there's demand for such a feature.

Tj Shredder wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 3:34 am Unimaginable for pop music, but in contemporary classical music you have a dynamic range from pppp to ffff, and if your noise level is on -40 dB you’d be pissed or we would still be happy with cassette tapes.
I don’t talk about the end product, I talk about editing, even -20 dB is hard to see. I want to zoom in or be able to see very low signals. The logarithmic representation of the waveform as option in Ardour would be a smart solution by the way...

It is the main reason, why I can’t use Bitwig for audio editing! I’d like to have one tool to rule them all...
No offense... I am with you, that a datazoom is quite handy...

Yeah I’m really hoping we get more options to manage the arrange page a bit better, zoom toggle / vertical zoom would be a great start. Bitwig in every other way is more enjoyable to use than Ableton, but the arrange page navigation speed of Ableton makes Bitwig feel a bit sluggish.

Totally missing a vertical zoom here too, both in the arrangement and editor.
Using Cubase a lot here,that fully has it, and this is crucial for good audio manipulation... I hope BW gets it implemented very soon !

+1

+1

+1000 :)
Bitwig Certified Trainer

+1, too. Especially as there is no handy way of normalizing signals, which would be sort of a workaround with extra steps.

This is my #1 feature request. Vertically resizing tracks in BW is tedious at best. Have a large sized track and duplicate it and it goes back to the default size and needs to be resized again? this is a HUGE oversight, 4 years is a long time to have this requested!

Return to “Bitwig”