Bitwig Studio 1.2 Beta 1

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

brok landers wrote:
TeotiGraphix wrote:
summer2000 wrote:Can anyone who has the 1.2 beta check to see if auto scroll to selected track has been implemented?
Like if you select a track in the sequencer it should auto scroll to view in the mixer panel and vice versa. This is one of the features I miss the most from using it in Studio One 3 and Reaper 4.
It's a workflow killer for me specially when I'm working with a ton of tracks in Bitwig.
Sorry, doesn't look like it for now. I made 30 tracks and selecting in the arranger doesn't sync the mixer's selected track in view.

Mike
ok, that´s actually a bummer... but i´m sure it´s not for long... :)
I'm sure the mixer will get's it chance for Bitwiggy love next after this round. It's not just this but several key features that are needed to bring it up to par with competition.. and if I may, I think Bitwig understand that.

TeotiGraphix wrote: Add track was already implemented I swear but it only added a blank audio or midi track.
In the words of myself, right now, "It can't be 'Push'... if it ain't hands free"

Maybe a slogan of Push4Bitwig? There's a real chance we could get there before the Other One. 8)

More seriously, I just can't think of it as an 'Add Track' if I already have to sit back down to add the device onto the track. As you say, it exists already, or as I said earlier, 'everything currently possible is already implemented' WRT to the API and interaction with Bitwig.

But for me there is no 'Add Track' if I'm not selecting from my entire set of plugins as I'm using it.
TeotiGraphix wrote: I have my pencil and paper right now and mapping the new Dynamic browser API to what it actually does in Bitwig and it looks like almost everything you can to in the NEW browser we have API for.

That means my mobile app will basically replicate what you see int Bitwig except all user interaction will be with touch.
Most encouraging to hear, both for the API and for your app! :phones:

Everything is working like butter. I haven't had a crash as of yet using over 50 tracks with majority 3rd party plugins. you guys did a great job on this 1.2 Beta. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

moss wrote:
UnfoundJocky wrote:What about Push4Bitwig in 1.2?
Works fine, except that the patch selection is broken due to the browser change.
I already implemented the new browser API but currently there are some holes on Bitwigs side left. I am quite sure that I can come up with a finished version for the final 1.2 release.
Thank you Moss you rock! :tu: :clap:

there is
- add track fx
- add track instrument
- add track audio

in OSC4Bitwig, i'm using it often in Lemur. Would surprise me if it's not available in push.

ceasless wrote:
TeotiGraphix wrote: Add track was already implemented I swear but it only added a blank audio or midi track.
In the words of myself, right now, "It can't be 'Push'... if it ain't hands free"

Maybe a slogan of Push4Bitwig? There's a real chance we could get there before the Other One. 8)

More seriously, I just can't think of it as an 'Add Track' if I already have to sit back down to add the device onto the track. As you say, it exists already, or as I said earlier, 'everything currently possible is already implemented' WRT to the API and interaction with Bitwig.

But for me there is no 'Add Track' if I'm not selecting from my entire set of plugins as I'm using it.
TeotiGraphix wrote: I have my pencil and paper right now and mapping the new Dynamic browser API to what it actually does in Bitwig and it looks like almost everything you can to in the NEW browser we have API for.

That means my mobile app will basically replicate what you see int Bitwig except all user interaction will be with touch.
Most encouraging to hear, both for the API and for your app! :phones:
The new process will be;

- Add blank track
- Track now has focus
- Script can now instantly call startBrowserSession() on the selected track
- Script goes into browse mode and THE NEXT action you do with your hand after hitting add track is search for your VST to put in the blank track,

I would say this is destiny. ;-)

Now you get hands free easily.

Mike
Last edited by TeotiGraphix on Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Schmalle
http://www.teotigraphix.com
Surfing on sine waves

Maschine4Bitwig - Studio, MK2, MikroMK2, MK1
http://www.teotigraphix.com/bitwig/maschine

Oh and Tristan, panel mapping view. :)
PanelMappings.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael Schmalle
http://www.teotigraphix.com
Surfing on sine waves

Maschine4Bitwig - Studio, MK2, MikroMK2, MK1
http://www.teotigraphix.com/bitwig/maschine

It all looks so beautiful!
-Tristan
MacBook Pro|MacOS Sierra|Bitwig Studio 2.0
UA Apollo Twin| EVE SC207 Monitors|ATH M50x|Focal Spirt Pro|Komplete 10|Push

nori.lam wrote:Hey all.
Can someone try adding Liquid Rhythm to a midi track and then a drum machine directly after?
The routing doesnt seem to be stable in 1.1.8 and was wondering if its fixed in 1.2.
U can get a 30 day demo of Liquid Rhyhm if u dont own it :)
Thanks
I own LR so can test for you....
when you say routing doesn't seem stable, what do you mean exactly, what happens...
( so i can know what to test)
also did you try different bit-bridge mode on the plugin?

EDIT: ok, seen your other thread... will have a go.

also will test to see if the idle plugin issue that was causing issues for VEP is also fixed.

More screenshots, you first-wave-beta slackers!!! :D
Studio One Pro 3.3 and PT 12.6 on Win 8.1 Pro, i7-3930k, Sabertooth x79, 16GB G.Skill 2133, Lynx Hilo, Eleven Rack, Chandler TG2, Liquid Channel, Mojave MA-200, Focal CMS65s. Oh, and a "few" guitars...

Could someone with a elicenser be kind enough to check if Halion 5 works in 1.2? Also the melda audio plugs, do they work ok now?

Thanks guys, loving Bitwig and Push so far. It has a way to go yet but I can still safely say that I won't be using Cubase much after 14 years but, man I need my Halion 5 back up and running, nothing else compares.

Hmm too bad, no Beta in my Account :(

is 1.2 good enough to leave Studio One?

M.L.M. wrote:Hmm too bad, no Beta in my Account :(

is 1.2 good enough to leave Studio One?
Depends mostly on what you do and need.
Different tools really.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

can't see any photo about the meta-clip concept

is it working or has been dropped out, so can u handle/move the inner group track elements without opening the group container

I can't see any photos about changing the track heights so ...
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

xbitz wrote:can't see any photo about the meta-clip concept

is it working or has been dropped out, so can u handle/move the inner group track elements without opening the group container

I can't see any photos about changing the track heights so ...
:o I just want to ask this... +1! :D

Return to “Bitwig”