Bitwig Studio 1.3.1 RC-3

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ogopogo wrote:I just had a bug with tooltips appearing at the very top of the screen rather than next to what I was hovering over. This was in fullscreen so I toggled fullscreen off and on again and it went away. Not sure if I can reproduce. OSX.
Yes, i have the same bug :)
Mac OSX, Bitwig Studio, Spire, Massive

sensej81 wrote:There is a bug with effect tracks since 1.2
I can't solo effect track when signal from group track is routed into it (when i press solo button i get only silence)
I reported this same bug when 1.2 was first released and have yet to hear any word from the devs if they plan to address it or not. This is a total showstopper for me when it comes to mixing my tracks.
Mac Studio M1 Max 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64GB RAM, 4TB SSD | Logic Pro 10.7.5 | Cubase Pro 12 | Nuendo 12 | Studio One 6 | Seagate 8TB external HDD | Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd Gen | Akai MPK261 | Akai MPC X

summer2000 wrote:
I can't solo effect track when signal from group track is routed into it (when i press solo button i get only silence)
I reported this same bug when 1.2 was first released and have yet to hear any word from the devs if they plan to address it or not. This is a total showstopper for me when it comes to mixing my tracks.
What do you mean when group track is routed into it? Do you mean it's send knob is not 0 for the effect track or it's output chooser is set to output to the effect track? I can't reproduce either way. Is the effect track top level or inside the group track? We need more information to be able to reproduce this and fix it.

nickallen wrote:
summer2000 wrote:
What do you mean when group track is routed into it? Do you mean it's send knob is not 0 for the effect track or it's output chooser is set to output to the effect track? I can't reproduce either way. Is the effect track top level or inside the group track? We need more information to be able to reproduce this and fix it.
send signal from group track to effect track , then try to solo that effect track and you wil get nothing but silence

volker@bitwig wrote: FIXED - Bounce-in-place result in empty clip if play-head is after the clip and enough plug-in latency was used.
And i thought i was to stupid to find my mistake :dog:
So its on you 8)
Thank you :pray:
Was Große tun, beschwatzen gern die Kleinen.

in micro-pitch editing view: when you create diagonal line on a note, curve it (alt-drag) and then undo it, the curve doesn't return to straight line (at least visually – the effect can still be heard). when moving the mouse cursor over this curve area after the undo command, the straight line is redrawn pixel-by-pixel. been this way for a while now.

why does restore automation control switches on as soon as i move mod or pitch-wheel . this prevents me to hear previously recorded automation . is it a bug or i miss something ? it's been there from the start i guess . so annoying . can't use automation at all because of that ...

in the above gif:
consolidating midi clips results in a clip with non-truncated notes (multiples of the same note will overlap), leading to unexpected note lengths and problems selecting notes.

example project here: download

is the bounce bug really fixed? If so AWESOME! That was a big one guys nice job!

owensands wrote:is the bounce bug really fixed? If so AWESOME! That was a big one guys nice job!
Yes, it fixes the bug where it occasionally does render a silent clip.

But there's still another bug that seems to be Mac only: it creates the bounce correctly, as you can hear the bounce if you play it and you can even see the detected onset markers - but the waveform overview is missing. Reloading the project then recreates the missing waveform overviews, but we're working on that one, too.

Cheers,
Dom

dom@bitwig wrote:
owensands wrote:is the bounce bug really fixed? If so AWESOME! That was a big one guys nice job!
Yes, it fixes the bug where it occasionally does render a silent clip.

But there's still another bug that seems to be Mac only: it creates the bounce correctly, as you can hear the bounce if you play it and you can even see the detected onset markers - but the waveform overview is missing. Reloading the project then recreates the missing waveform overviews, but we're working on that one, too.

Cheers,
Dom
Thanks Dom and Nick.. I think giving priority to fixing recent bugs (and hopefully earlier ones) will have positive rippling effects on the community at this forum.

Bako wrote:why does restore automation control switches on as soon as i move mod or pitch-wheel . this prevents me to hear previously recorded automation . is it a bug or i miss something ? it's been there from the start i guess . so annoying . can't use automation at all because of that ...

common nobody has anything to say ?!

kaspy003 wrote:
Ogopogo wrote:I just had a bug with tooltips appearing at the very top of the screen rather than next to what I was hovering over. This was in fullscreen so I toggled fullscreen off and on again and it went away. Not sure if I can reproduce. OSX.
Yes, i have the same bug :)
I also have this bug.
Mid 2012 Macbook Pro OSX 10.9.5
www.WeAreMadHouse.com

Bako wrote:
Bako wrote:why does restore automation control switches on as soon as i move mod or pitch-wheel . this prevents me to hear previously recorded automation . is it a bug or i miss something ? it's been there from the start i guess . so annoying . can't use automation at all because of that ...

common nobody has anything to say ?!
Bako,

While playing clips, if you move a parameter that has rocorded automation, how does the software choose between playing the automation or allow the auditioning of parameter changes? Other automations should still be present (at least I'm 99% sure), but the restore automation control alerts that one or more recorded parameter automations have been disabled due to detected changes that weren't recorded. If you need to know which ones were disabled, check your clip/track automations. It will have a green circle next to Bitwig's parameter representation knob instead of the blue one that appears when recorded automation exists for that parameter.

I hope that helps. I won't be at my system for a while, otherwise I'd post screenshots.
Last edited by powermat on Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Any word on the 10.11 one start bug? Do you know if it's an apple or bitwig thing yet?

Return to “Bitwig”