NAMM 2018 | Bitwig News | 2.3 Announced

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i want the beta LIKE NOW!!!!

gesslr wrote:Can’t you just do that with Audio Receive devices?
Sure, but Audio Receiver doesn't allow to make a feedback loop with third party plugins, like sends in Ableton Live do. Or I'm missing something?

I appreciate the gesture of ensuring that it gets here in time for everybody that bought v2 immediately - I'm happy to immediately renew my 'subscription' as soon as it ends on that basis instead of tactically waiting.

This is a really great upgrade, thanks BW team!

Overall I do indeed like this new release model.

Funny enough, the whole subscription debate.... Any program I have that has an actual subscription REQUIRES you to cancel your contract or they keep charging you.

Where is Bitwig's Cancel button?

They really should have said, "You get a one year support period with your purchase." No mention of updates, releases, just one year support window.
Michael Schmalle
http://www.teotigraphix.com
Surfing on sine waves

Maschine4Bitwig - Studio, MK2, MikroMK2, MK1
http://www.teotigraphix.com/bitwig/maschine

:hyper:

"Expanded Device View"

My old, tired eyes thank you! thank you! thank you!!

TeotiGraphix wrote:Funny enough, the whole subscription debate.... Any program I have that has an actual subscription REQUIRES you to cancel your contract or they keep charging you.

I'm confused by what you mean by this...There is no cancel because they don't keep charging you on a yearly basis. There is no reoccurring payment. You get notified like a month or so that your Update Time Range is running out and then you just will stop getting Updates until you decide to pay them again, then you'll get 12 months free after that payment. There isint any annual payment that you'll see in like your Splice or Adobe Suite etc. Therefore there really isint a need to cancel. Unless you'd want to Not have 12 months of free updates after updating, but I cant see why someone wouldn't...
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Spencer Maddox wrote:
TeotiGraphix wrote:Funny enough, the whole subscription debate.... Any program I have that has an actual subscription REQUIRES you to cancel your contract or they keep charging you.

I'm confused by what you mean by this...There is no cancel because they don't keep charging you on a yearly basis. There is no reoccurring payment. You get notified like a month or so that your Update Time Range is running out and then you just will stop getting Updates until you decide to pay them again, then you'll get 12 months free after that payment. There isint any annual payment that you'll see in like your Splice or Adobe Suite etc. Therefore there really isint a need to cancel. Unless you'd want to Not have 12 months of free updates after updating, but I cant see why someone wouldn't...
Sorry man, my post was tongue and cheek. I was trying to be clever, didn't work out. :)
Michael Schmalle
http://www.teotigraphix.com
Surfing on sine waves

Maschine4Bitwig - Studio, MK2, MikroMK2, MK1
http://www.teotigraphix.com/bitwig/maschine

TeotiGraphix wrote:
Spencer Maddox wrote:

Sorry man, my post was tongue and cheek. I was trying to be clever, didn't work out. :)

Oh, My bad, No worries :hihi:
My sarcasam detection on the Internet is terrible sometimes :dog: :hihi:
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

nsq wrote:
Sure, but Audio Receiver doesn't allow to make a feedback loop with third party plugins, like sends in Ableton Live do. Or I'm missing something?

I guess I'm not understanding your objective here. You mentioned wanting sends on return tracks. Sounds like you want to use a send from the return track to create a feedback loop on the return track, yes?
iMacPro 1,1 | 64gb | OSX 10.15.7
http://www.gesslr.com
http://www.storyaudio.com

Cool!

gesslr wrote:I guess I'm not understanding your objective here. You mentioned wanting sends on return tracks. Sounds like you want to use a send from the return track to create a feedback loop on the return track, yes?
I mean this. With Audio Receiver I can't choose the same track as input but with classic sends this should be possible.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nsq wrote:
Bitwig does not allow feedback since that would make getting PDC to work right a major nightmare as I understood it.

You can always fall back on a modular VST like Plogue Bidule which allows feedback in it's graph.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

i hope they add timestretch to the sampler in the smaller fixes!

Return to “Bitwig”