[POLL] What next?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic

What do you miss the most?

Advanced tools in the piano roll (scrub, velocity ramp, chop, strum, stretch, etc.)
22%
Musical scales highlighting (per clip configurable)
12%
Chord/harmony track
7%
ARA(2) integration
5%
Automation clips including automation generators and modifiers
9%
Linked/ghost/alias clips
6%
Track comping
9%
Access to the modular development tool
8%
Video track
5%
Groove quantize with custom templates
11%
Other? (describe)
6%

Total votes: 844

RELATED
PRODUCTS

antic604 wrote:
I'm familiar with Scratch Pads, therefore I wonder what's the advantage?
I use a lot of automation in my tracks and find it easier to work on it in the arranger view especially since we got height adjustable tracks. In the arranger I can change automation on the fly and see a good overview of whats going on without having to open any inspection panes. That's why I have a lot of arranger related requests on my list.

I use the clip launcher to work out my rough arrangement when starting a new track. Then I transfer to the arrangement view to fill it all in and get started on the automation. If I want to later change the arrangement it would be nice to "bank" what I have on a scratch pad. Or even just use it as a temporary copy/paste location.

The only way I see to do that with the clip launcher is to consolidate the whole section first? That would be some huge clips for a whole section of the song and I wouldn't want it to paste like that when I copy it back to the arrangement screen.
http://Freshby6.com
Bitwig since 1.0

craigtumps wrote:
antic604 wrote:
I'm familiar with Scratch Pads, therefore I wonder what's the advantage?
I use a lot of automation in my tracks and find it easier to work on it in the arranger view especially since we got height adjustable tracks. In the arranger I can change automation on the fly and see a good overview of whats going on without having to open any inspection panes. That's why I have a lot of arranger related requests on my list.

I use the clip launcher to work out my rough arrangement when starting a new track. Then I transfer to the arrangement view to fill it all in and get started on the automation. If I want to later change the arrangement it would be nice to "bank" what I have on a scratch pad. Or even just use it as a temporary copy/paste location.

The only way I see to do that with the clip launcher is to consolidate the whole section first? That would be some huge clips for a whole section of the song and I wouldn't want it to paste like that when I copy it back to the arrangement screen.
Ok, I see - indeed the Clip Launcher is missing the dedicated automation lanes :( I'm trying to condition myself to use the Edit panels more, because of the fact you can't have both minimised & expanded tracks in Arrangement at once (it's either - or). It's like Bitwig is saying "use the Arranger" for ...well, arranging the clips and Edit panel for editing them :D

Regarding your last paragraph - that's only in your head, so to speak. There's no reason why you can't paste whole songs as a scenes. Just treat those scenes as a scratchpad that's separate from earlier created clips when you were working out the ideas, and problem solved :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Is this too niche: support for Scala microtuning files?

Velocity ramp please. I have been asking for this since first release.

But there is already the velocity ramping tool?

Some basic ones: REX/RX2 support and SFZ support

So both can be used without any 3rd party instruments and are searchable in the browser.

ReWire would be nice.
MacPro 6,1 // Live 11 // Bitwig 4 // Reason 12 // Logic X // Soundtoys // U-he // FabFilter // Arturia // Vintage Hardware

+1 for rex/rx2 support, I have some stuff I can't use now... ReWire would be fantastic too.

Taika-Kim wrote:But there is already the velocity ramping tool?
Not a linear one. You know like every other DAW has.

- Midi Note Chase.
- A tool for sending and receiving sysex patch from hardware synths.
- Multistage enveloppe with more than 4 stages and a configurable sustain.
- Musical scale highlighting in the piano roll view.
- A script for Komplete Kontrol mk2

It just shows how hard it is to keep people happy with DAW development. I have no interest or real use for half the stuff other users seem to desperately need...I was sure comping would be top of the list as a basic mixing feature before more advanced editing and niche features.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Yup, actually now with the new Elastique I could keep on using BW like this without updates. Often people are also used to doing things in a certain way and don't want to embrace a new workflow.

One word.

Capture.

Taika-Kim wrote:Is this too niche: support for Scala microtuning files?
Would like to see this aswell. Or at least some sort fixed tuning presets like Madrona Labs synths have.

I would like 3 things in the future:
groove tools with extract and apply groove options
ability to use my own playing and extract the tempo map
and midi channel support to complete the MPE capability

Return to “Bitwig”