Bitwig Studio 2.3 Beta 3

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

New Beta is up:
https://www.bitwig.com/en/download.html

NEW ControlSurfaceAPI: add API to control Instrument and Effect Selector.
NEW Recording audio on the arranger in a loop results in audio clips not having the duration of the loop.
NEW Added a preference entry to reverse the direction when zoom-dragging the mouse.
FIXED MIDI Modulator has no Omni mode, which leads into trouble when used inside of a Instrument Selector Layer with MPE.
FIXED Crash when closing project while having meta clip selected.
FIXED Better timeline grid contrast.
FIXED Some old projects can't be loaded in 2.3-beta versions.
FIXED Raw mode for audio events can have their Pitch altered, resulting in the audio being stretched.
FIXED Extreme stretching using elastique pro crashes engine.
FIXED Tags not saved when adding tag by pressing space bar instead of enter.
FIXED Some controls of Phase-4 were flagged as polyphonic while they were monophonic.
FIXED Phase-4: audio silence if the voice output volume is too high.
FIXED Controller help documentation does not open anymore for the Keylab scripts.
FIXED Timing of projects in 2.3 Beta is completely different to earlier versions.
FIXED Wrong playback / click on hybrid tracks.
FIXED At certain wild settings Slice could sound different at the beginning of an audio event compared to the rest.
FIXED Default stretch mode on record remains on "Stretch".
FIXED Scaling an audio clip by 50% or 200% could crash the engine and cause problems on undo or redo.
FIXED Rename Phase-4's "Out" section of the expanded view to "Filter Out".
FIXED In some case the Instrument or Effect selector remote controls were not properly initialized or not following the active chain.
FIXED Crash when deleting the first device from the active chain in the instrument or effect selector.
FIXED When bouncing or recording audio embed time stretch information into the wav files so that they are always correctly time stretched when they are used in Bitwig Studio.
IMPROVED Grey out expanded view UI elements, just like the device UIs when they are turned off / deactivated.
IMPROVED Add device enabled power button to expanded device windows.
IMPROVED Expanded device windows show on top of wrong window when reopened after showing the dashboard in multi monitor setups.
IMPROVED Only show device windows for the currently selected project.
IMPROVED Improve Effect Selector CPU efficiency.
IMPROVED Open/close of drum-pads and instrument/FX-layers now only require a single mouse click.
IMPROVED Add a dock button to device windows in the header area to allow them to be docked back into the main window.
IMPROVED Remember if the user has undocked a device window from the main window.
IMPROVED If the audio engine has an error writing an audio file while recording show this to the user as a notification.
IMPROVED Process Phase-4 in parallel.

Please post bugs, problems and regressions on the Beta Mailinglist:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/bitwig-beta

Check it out - Phase-4 performance is massively improved for me.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

awesome!

i'm curious, what does "NEW Recording audio on the arranger in a loop results in audio clips not having the duration of the loop." mean?

IMPROVED Open/close of drum-pads and instrument/FX-layers now only require a single mouse click.

:clap: Love these little workflow improvements instead of new options to be honest.
Thnx headquarters for update...

codec17 wrote:IMPROVED Open/close of drum-pads and instrument/FX-layers now only require a single mouse click.

:clap: Love these little workflow improvements instead of new options to be honest.
Thnx headquarters for update...
I found the need to double-click quite irritating so I also appreciate this one!! The devil is in the detail.

Also, it looks like the "NEW Added a preference entry to reverse the direction when zoom-dragging the mouse." only works when you click and zoom. It's not reversed for CTRL + ALT when using a trackpad/mouse wheel.

WOW massive improvement on CPU for the Phaser-4 :hyper: :tu:

But when duplicating phaser-4 tracks I got a sound engine crash and I cant recover it, it crashs again when I hit play. I sent the automatic report.

Please everybody post your findings on the Beta Mailinglist:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/bitwig-beta

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Sorry for asking this guys. But can someone show in a pic "NEW Added a preference entry to reverse the direction when zoom-dragging the mouse" what this new feature is. Getting a bit confused ?

Thanks kindly Peter.

Pprimo wrote:Sorry for asking this guys. But can someone show in a pic "NEW Added a preference entry to reverse the direction when zoom-dragging the mouse" what this new feature is. Getting a bit confused ?

Thanks kindly Peter.
Move mouse wheel up or down and vice versa when zooming in arranger or clip...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pprimo wrote:...can someone show in a pic "NEW Added a preference entry to reverse the direction when zoom-dragging the mouse" what this new feature is.
when you click on the timeline in the arranger (you'll see a magnify glass) and then drag up/down you zoom in /out. they've given an option so that this is reversed (it's reversed in Live).

tho, currently it only reverses zooming when you click and drag, not when you use the trackpad or Mouse wheel.

Thanks very much guys. Sometimes i get confused with some of all the wording. This makes sense !!!!!!!

zfigz wrote:awesome!

i'm curious, what does "NEW Recording audio on the arranger in a loop results in audio clips not having the duration of the loop." mean?
ah, so when you record "new" audio within a loop it no longer has the incorrect duration. got it!

NEW Added a preference entry to reverse the direction when zoom-dragging the mouse.
YES!!!

yay! update fixed missing devices and modulators for me on Mac! Plus it loads 3X faster!

NEW ControlSurfaceAPI: add API to control Instrument and Effect Selector

what's that?

Return to “Bitwig”