ParSeq-8 bugs thread

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Heyo!

The new ParSeq-8 modulator is really sweet, and I'm aching to use it but it's kind of buggy. I have already reported a bug related to the smoothing: 0% is not 0%. You can see the difference between the steps mod and the ParSeq-8 here. They have responded that they're investigating it.

Now, I'm trying to use it to do a make-shift Note FX selector (which I've also requested they implement as a device), and it's going so and so, and I want some help trying to find out where stuff is going wrong. I'm using ParSeq-8 with the Notes/Advance setting to modulate Note Filters in a Note FX layer. I have a Button mod that opens and closes the Note Filter by setting the Min/Max Key/Vel values to the bottom so that nothing goes through. I have one of these filters in each layer in my Note FX Layer, and each step in ParSeq-8 modulates a different Note Filter.

It looks like this:

For this example, I have just added a multinote where each layer is a different offset so that it's easy to see which layer is active. L1 is +0, L2 is +1, L3 is +2, L4 is +3.

The funky part:

Notes generated by Bitwig Studio: i.e. via a midi clip, an arpeggiator playing notes for me or whatever, gives inconsistent results regarding the output of the Note FX Layer. I can see the steps in ParSeq-8 advancing as they should, but the modulation is broken.

Midi clip playing quarter notes:

Recording the output in another track (ignore the fact that it doesn't start on C, as I'm using note advance I started on something other than the first step):

Now, if I stop the midi clip and input midi notes via a MIDI controller or by using my computer keyboard as a controller, I get this:

Which is what I expect. It doesn't matter how fast I repeatedly press keys, or how long I hold them down, it works as I expect it to.

If I smack an arpeggiator in front of the Note FX layer and hold down a key, I get the same broken result as before.

Do you think this could be related to the smoothing setting I reported before, or is it related to midi routing? Have you experienced similar issues with other devices?

Return to “Bitwig”